Home

Equipment Updates 18

This is a discussion on Equipment Updates 18 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2018, 01:36 AM   #41
Rookie

IamAdderlyn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Equipment Updates 18

Oakley sunglasses are gone.

Sent from my LG-H872PR using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 05:12 AM   #42
Pro

Foo4Everlong's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAdderlyn
Oakley sunglasses are gone.

Sent from my LG-H872PR using Tapatalk
This absolutely kills me! I had to keep looking cuz I didn’t believe that they would actually take out the sunglasses that I would say 60% - 70% of players actually wear! The generic sunglasses are so dated and lack any sort of customization! They look like crap on the amazing face scans that they started implementing into the game since last year! Very disappointed! If they were running out of slots then they could have pulled the generic sunglasses out or the Rawlings batting gloves that no one wears.

Another thing that bothers me is you can’t add the batting helmet face protection on MLB players! It’s locked for some reason. I’ve been watching Spring Training games and more and more players are using this protector. Bryce Harper comes to mind. So instead of being able to edit yourself for the players that wear them we have to wait for SCEA to edit them! That’s pretty ridiculous! We can only hope this was an oversight and they will unlock that customization soon! UGH!!!!
Old 03-23-2018, 08:12 AM   #43
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo4Everlong
Another thing that bothers me is you can’t add the batting helmet face protection on MLB players! It’s locked for some reason. I’ve been watching Spring Training games and more and more players are using this protector. Bryce Harper comes to mind. So instead of being able to edit yourself for the players that wear them we have to wait for SCEA to edit them! That’s pretty ridiculous! We can only hope this was an oversight and they will unlock that customization soon! UGH!!!!
This must be an oversight. So many more players are wearing them now and they don't have them on in the game.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:34 AM   #44
Rookie

Berserker2020's Arena

OVR: 1

They have missed the mark again this year on customization for equipment in my opinion. Logo colors still locked or can't change them at all. Logos still don't have their own seperate color option (Nike batting gloves). Equipment that I have seen absolutely nobody use added to the game.

I don't quite get how whoever is in charge of the equipment takes a look and says to themselves that this works and everyone will love these customization options. I just don't get and I know they won't fix anything again this year even though it seems like it would be an easy fix as far as the color options.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:41 AM   #45
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Well if you want solid white batting gloves of any brand other than Franklin this year, you’re out of luck. You can’t see the logo on any of them. May as well have generic gloves equipped.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 08:51 AM   #46
Banned

Williemayshayes00's Arena

OVR: 0

Why in the world are Oakley’s gone? Why is the customization still jacked up. It’s the 4th game with licensed equipment. There’s no excuse for not having this stuff right other that not caring.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:14 AM   #47
Banned

b22gamer's Arena

OVR: 7

Is there a way for us to reach out to SDS and ADD the current players that are using the face guards? Maybe in the first update?
Old 03-23-2018, 09:31 AM   #48
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williemayshayes00
Why in the world are Oakley’s gone? Why is the customization still jacked up. It’s the 4th game with licensed equipment. There’s no excuse for not having this stuff right other that not caring.
Sucks, but I'd guess the licensing fee went up and it just couldn't be afforded within the budget.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »