Home

Year to Year saves question

This is a discussion on Year to Year saves question within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2018, 09:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Year to Year saves question

When you continue your franchise from MLB 17, do your rosters also get transferred using year to year saves? So if Chris Sale got traded in my 17 season to the Dodgers , will he be on the Dodgers when I upload/continue my season on MLB 18 franchise? Also do the player features get all messed up or is it the actual player features that also get transferred?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2018, 09:37 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Year to Year saves question

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny24
When you continue your franchise from MLB 17, do your rosters also get transferred using year to year saves? So if Chris Sale got traded in my 17 season to the Dodgers , will he be on the Dodgers when I upload/continue my season on MLB 18 franchise? Also do the player features get all messed up or is it the actual player features that also get transferred?
Since the game isn't out yet I can only speculate that it will work the same as previously, so Sale would still be with the Dodgers when you continue. Not sure which player features you're asking about, I know that in general if the player is in the MLBPA he should come over as he was and any modifications you made that are still compatible with the new game should come over. If a player is not in the PA or I think didn't play at all last year or you had edited because the rosters made the player generic that likely will be altered and you'd need to go back in and do some editing. So for example if Carlos Beltran is on a team in your league they may flag him to change. I had to edit Fernandez of Miami and Ventura of KC when i converted due to their passings. When players are on teams it is an annoyance but relatively easy to fix; the free agents though are in a state where you can't edit until you get them on a team and use the edit function (at least that was as of 17, I don't know if 18 will allow you to edit FA within the FA pool).
Hope that helps. Guys like Sale should be fine and on the team they were on when you convert.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
Since the game isn't out yet I can only speculate that it will work the same as previously, so Sale would still be with the Dodgers when you continue. Not sure which player features you're asking about, I know that in general if the player is in the MLBPA he should come over as he was and any modifications you made that are still compatible with the new game should come over. If a player is not in the PA or I think didn't play at all last year or you had edited because the rosters made the player generic that likely will be altered and you'd need to go back in and do some editing. So for example if Carlos Beltran is on a team in your league they may flag him to change. I had to edit Fernandez of Miami and Ventura of KC when i converted due to their passings. When players are on teams it is an annoyance but relatively easy to fix; the free agents though are in a state where you can't edit until you get them on a team and use the edit function (at least that was as of 17, I don't know if 18 will allow you to edit FA within the FA pool).
Hope that helps. Guys like Sale should be fine and on the team they were on when you convert.
Thanks. Good to know. I was going to ask about the Fernandez player too. So if he was an active player on my roster in 17 and I didn't do anything or change anything, would he still be on the roster in 18 or automatically updated and removed? I would only hope. Do player contacts also get carried over as well? Oh I never asked this either , what about managers? Let's say I fired Joe Madden on the Cubs then got hired by the Marlins, does the same apply when you carry over?
Old 02-24-2018, 11:35 PM   #4
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny24
Thanks. Good to know. I was going to ask about the Fernandez player too. So if he was an active player on my roster in 17 and I didn't do anything or change anything, would he still be on the roster in 18 or automatically updated and removed? I would only hope. Do player contacts also get carried over as well? Oh I never asked this either , what about managers? Let's say I fired Joe Madden on the Cubs then got hired by the Marlins, does the same apply when you carry over?
Everything in your carryover transfers over as is. The only thing that changes if there are players in the roster that you are using that are no longer part of the MLBPA, they will tuen generic. That is the only thing that changes. Your contracts, coach firings and hirings, trades etc........... will also stay the way you left it.

Examples: If Chris Sale was traded to LA in your franchise he will still be with LA in your carryover.

If Joe Madden was fired by the Cubs and hired by Miami he will be on the Marlins in your carryover.

If you signed a guy to a 7 year deal, his deal will carryover in 18 during your year to year save.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:56 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Everything in your carryover transfers over as is. The only thing that changes if there are players in the roster that you are using that are no longer part of the MLBPA, they will tuen generic. That is the only thing that changes.
Please refresh my memory. Were the generic players editable? Not only their names but also their likeness? I seem to remember them not being editable in previous releases, but I might be mistaken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 11:10 AM   #6
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Please refresh my memory. Were the generic players editable? Not only their names but also their likeness? I seem to remember them not being editable in previous releases, but I might be mistaken.
Most of them are editable. But a few get the white guy glitch and have to be recreated from scratch.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:51 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 2

So when is a player removed from the real world MLBPA and thus removed from the game?

1) If they died. Obviously yes.
2) They announced their formal retirement. One would think yes.
3) They did not play a single game at the major league level in 2017?

However there are a lot of players who are still unsigned free agents, who played at the major league level in 2017 and have not announced their retirement. Surely these players won't be removed from the real world MLBPA yet and thus be removed from game will they?
Old 02-27-2018, 09:15 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
So when is a player removed from the real world MLBPA and thus removed from the game?

1) If they died. Obviously yes.
2) They announced their formal retirement. One would think yes.
3) They did not play a single game at the major league level in 2017?

However there are a lot of players who are still unsigned free agents, who played at the major league level in 2017 and have not announced their retirement. Surely these players won't be removed from the real world MLBPA yet and thus be removed from game will they?
I can't recall who started as a free agent last year that played in 2016 but I don't think that was an issue. As you indicated, you're a free agent but played in 2017, you are likely still part of the players association so still should be recognized to carry over. Now if you played in 2017 but are now playing in Japan I don't know how that will work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »