Home

Dynamic Camera View

This is a discussion on Dynamic Camera View within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2018, 05:21 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Dynamic Camera View

Im prepping for 18 by playing 17 and by accident I switched over to Dynamic Camera for fielding and hitting.

Now it feels like I"m playing a new game.

Really like the immersion this camera view offers. It's hard to see deep flys but overall it makes me feel like i'm in the stadium.

Puts some more life into 17 for me until 18 is out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2018, 07:25 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dynamic Camera View

I like that camera to and have the same gripe in the outfield. I'm hoping they may have tweaked this for 18.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:50 PM   #3
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
Im prepping for 18 by playing 17 and by accident I switched over to Dynamic Camera for fielding and hitting.

Now it feels like I"m playing a new game.

Really like the immersion this camera view offers. It's hard to see deep flys but overall it makes me feel like i'm in the stadium.

Puts some more life into 17 for me until 18 is out.
Best camera in the game IMO. I normally play with auto Fielding for the ratings to matter most with the fielder's so I don't notice it being difficult to field

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

Old 02-25-2018, 05:49 AM   #4
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah great camera but too hard when playing defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2018, 07:09 AM   #5
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

I hate it because every hit looks like could be a homer only to be caught in outfield .. I prefer the old default cam that follows the ball and more broadcast type , also it’s better to judge your runners
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2018, 08:11 AM   #6
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah it’s a cool camera but like everyone said, hard to see the outfield. Cool to see it basically from the batters perspective. I use auto fielding but I’m the kind of person who likes the visual of things so I like to see players and their animations or where the ball ends up. I’ve been using Broadcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2018, 01:40 PM   #7
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm sick of seeing it from every YouTube/Twitch video out there, including the developer streams. Now that I have Retro cam, I use that since it's new and fresh.

It would probably be a little better if I could use the Dynamic defense cam while on offense, because it's not too bad of a camera in general. I echo the statement above as well about the Dynamic hitting cam to be a little deceiving regarding the flight distance of the ball. Part of it is because the ball in game is pretty much just a white circle, and eventually it goes so far as to remain the "same" dot look from far away. I think that could be done a little more justice in 4K.

Still holding onto hope for a proper broadcast fielding cam someday, but it doesn't seem like that is on their agenda for any time soon.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-25-2018, 05:18 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I love it and always use it while batting for one simple reason - it's the only camera that gives you one uninterrupted view of the ball's flight. It makes me feel more like I'm at the ballpark than any of the other views. Broadcast may give a better feel of watching the game on TV, but hey - I'm supposed to be the one on the field here!

Over time I've gotten used to judging the ball's flight path to make good decisions on the bases too - there's definitely a bit of a learning curve to that with this camera.

For fielding I just use the high camera because it's more consistent - I don't want the camera to make an unexpected movement while I'm trying to field the ball. And, while I respect those who are able to field on broadcast camera, I prefer to stay as far away from that as possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »