Home

Homerun camera in 18??

This is a discussion on Homerun camera in 18?? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2018, 09:50 AM   #41
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Homerun camera in 18??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
I would rather see this than what I'm seeing. What batting camera is this again, and also what fielding camera? Thanks.
I use a custom batting camera (don't remember which preset, maybe C1 Wide or something?) and the Retro fielding camera.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 10:08 AM   #42
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Maybe it's because you use a custom batting camera. I've gotta test this out before The Show 18! If I can get rid of that silliness by using a custom camera I will gladly do so.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:54 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
Maybe it's because you use a custom batting camera. I've gotta test this out before The Show 18! If I can get rid of that silliness by using a custom camera I will gladly do so.
can anyone that has the show 17 test this out?
seeing if you use custom camera and retro fielding camera will get rid of the hr camera??
Old 03-06-2018, 10:58 AM   #44
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

You know what else? I remember this was discussed a while back but I don't know the testing parameters that were involved when somebody tried and was unsuccessful: in Home Run Derby mode, the camera options do include "Home Run Celebrations," which I'm certain I toggle off. Maybe it does carry over into regular games as well.

I recall back in ASB 2004 that if you wanted to play Home Run Derby with the roof closed, you had to go to a regular season game that was in the rain, then exit out to HRD. It was weird, but that's how it worked (I think you could choose to play HRD in day/night that way as well). Maybe The Show has a reverse version of that, lol.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-06-2018, 11:49 AM   #45
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
can anyone that has the show 17 test this out?
seeing if you use custom camera and retro fielding camera will get rid of the hr camera??

Unfortunately, it's not related to using custom cameras unless, for some reason, it's tied to a specific preset. I switch between a couple of customs and still get the HR cam...though like A&S, I'm pretty close to that 75/25 ratio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
You know what else? I remember this was discussed a while back but I don't know the testing parameters that were involved when somebody tried and was unsuccessful: in Home Run Derby mode, the camera options do include "Home Run Celebrations," which I'm certain I toggle off. Maybe it does carry over into regular games as well.

I recall back in ASB 2004 that if you wanted to play Home Run Derby with the roof closed, you had to go to a regular season game that was in the rain, then exit out to HRD. It was weird, but that's how it worked (I think you could choose to play HRD in day/night that way as well). Maybe The Show has a reverse version of that, lol.

This may be worth exploring. I don't think I've gone into HRD for at least a year or two, so I didn't even remember such an option existing. I'll check this out tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 05:31 PM   #46
Pro

MLB14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

I bet it's that.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:33 AM   #47
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
I bet it's that.
It's not...I tried this last night and left it in broadcast view and the celebration camera triggered on the 1st homerun after making the change. However, I do think that it's the retro fielding camera. I changed it to retro and didn't see it with 3 no doubt HRs.

Last edited by kt-od; 03-07-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:57 AM   #48
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

There's a new no-doubt camera shot!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »