Home

MLB The Show 18 Diamond Dynasty Twitch Stream Starting Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Diamond Dynasty Twitch Stream Starting Now within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2018, 02:38 AM   #49
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 Diamond Dynasty Twitch Stream Starting Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAdderlyn
That's disappointing. I thought I'd finally be able to throw 103 MPH with Chapman.

Sent from my LG-H872PR using Tapatalk

That’s BS !!!!!!! To the extreme

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-03-2018, 02:44 AM   #50
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
With the announcement in this stream that "server prioritization" has resulted in them cutting Online Franchise entirely, my hopes for Offline Franchise getting improvements sink just a little bit more into the latrine. So much for the "they never take anything out of the game, you guys" angle.

I don't fault SDS for realizing what their money-making modes are and investing heavily in them, but at some point I worry this title just becomes about mini-game modes and spending as little time as possible playing actual simulation baseball games. With max'ing time accessorizing and grinding and getting caught up in these mini-modes like fly paper becoming the new past time.

For those of us Franchise mode players who've seen all the progress they've made on DD over the previous 3-4 years--and it's really a stark, striking difference with how much depth and complexity they've pumped into it--it's really a bit frustrating to think what could be if they spent even a fraction of that on Franchise mode. It seems like they've got 10-15 guys working on DD and 1 or 1.5 on Franchise, with one of them spending seemingly half of his time on DD as well.

I am also a bit concerned they might be getting too cute with fielding. For example, watching the Ted Williams blooper reel at 1B in the stream before this one was way over the top. Now, if their strategy for separating tiers of fielders is making worse fielders take a billion extra tiny steps, that could feel game-y. And if they're doing this only to make sure cheesy DD players don't play their guys out of position and it's affecting us off-liners in the process, then people will resent that.

Please online is there baby

Old 03-03-2018, 03:30 AM   #51
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

I’m loving it myself I told y’all when they Added DD online should have been added offline first but !!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2018, 03:31 AM   #52
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

I’m loving it myself I told y’all when they Added DD online should have been added offline first but !!!

Old 03-03-2018, 03:36 AM   #53
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

MLB The Show 18 Diamond Dynasty Twitch Stream Starting Now

This development team chose wrong !!! There is many more franchisers rather online or off that buy this game and where skip with a roster download there choice cost them many bucks

Old 03-03-2018, 04:31 AM   #54
Rookie

I wish I could get into DD, but when I hear or read someone talking about it, my eyes just glaze over. I don’t get it, I don’t like it or play it... is something wrong with me? What am I missing?
I also could never get into MUT.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:59 AM   #55
Rookie

The defensive tiers look potentially very cool though it seems like something that would require a lot of balancing and since they're putting it in last minute I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up kind of janky in 17. Then it comes back strong in 18 with more balanced tiers being applied to all positions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2018, 08:48 AM   #56
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

I’ll admit I do like DD, but some of the tactics employed in online play are laughable. I would love if they enabled balks for online play. Constantly having to face pitchers who never come to a full stop while pitching from the stretch was annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »