Home

MLB The Show 18 Diamond Dynasty Twitch Stream Starting Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Diamond Dynasty Twitch Stream Starting Now within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2018, 12:24 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 Diamond Dynasty Twitch Stream Starting Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
With the announcement in this stream that "server prioritization" has resulted in them cutting Online Franchise entirely, my hopes for Offline Franchise getting improvements sink just a little bit more into the latrine. So much for the "they never take anything out of the game, you guys" angle.

I don't fault SDS for realizing what their money-making modes are and investing heavily in them, but at some point I worry this title just becomes about mini-game modes and spending as little time as possible playing actual simulation baseball games. With max'ing time accessorizing and grinding and getting caught up in these mini-modes like fly paper becoming the new past time.

For those of us Franchise mode players who've seen all the progress they've made on DD over the previous 3-4 years--and it's really a stark, striking difference with how much depth and complexity they've pumped into it--it's really a bit frustrating to think what could be if they spent even a fraction of that on Franchise mode. It seems like they've got 10-15 guys working on DD and 1 or 1.5 on Franchise, with one of them spending seemingly half of his time on DD as well.

I am also a bit concerned they might be getting too cute with fielding. For example, watching the Ted Williams blooper reel at 1B in the stream before this one was way over the top. Now, if their strategy for separating tiers of fielders is making worse fielders take a billion extra tiny steps, that could feel game-y. And if they're doing this only to make sure cheesy DD players don't play their guys out of position and it's affecting us off-liners in the process, then people will resent that.
I agree the company under appreciates the number of people who play franchise but I've never used online. Strictly offline franchise manage mode. Offline franchise has made slow, steady gains over the years. For offline franchise I'd like to see a little more attention given.

Regarding tiers of fielding I have to disagree on this one. The fielders were overpowered in mlbts 17 which was a contributing factor to inordinately low hits and runs which for the first time ever caused me to quit playing the game in June. Graphics might not be perfect but they needed to slow down the fielders so I think this is a must needed improvement.

My primary concern for what they have announced regarding gameplay is new tag system which could make it difficult to steal bases and result in less offense if base runners are going to be auto outs on close plays but I'll reserve final judgement until I see more.

Last edited by tessl; 03-03-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2018, 12:25 PM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belkbuzze
I think you’re spot on, apart from your knowledge of what year it is

This is why you shouldn't write posts at 3 in the morning.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:43 PM   #67
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
Please it happens to everyone !!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Quote:
That’s BS !!!!!!! To the extreme

Quote:
Please online is there baby

Quote:
I’m loving it myself I told y’all when they Added DD online should have been added offline first but !!!

Quote:
I’m loving it myself I told y’all when they Added DD online should have been added offline first but !!!

Quote:
This development team chose wrong !!! There is many more franchisers rather online or off that buy this game and where skip with a roster download there choice cost them many bucks

You feeling ok, bruh?
Old 03-03-2018, 12:57 PM   #68
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I always wanted to see DD offered in a league format where you did not have to deal with the randoms and their interpretation on how baseball should be played.

We tried this last year, but the servers turned a lot of people off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2018, 01:07 PM   #69
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
I’ve played over 500 DD online games the last couple seasons and only run into that stuff a handful of times. I’ve never played someone just chatting away on the mic.

I guess I'm not lucky then.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #70
MVP

So the 125 attribute cap thing is only for DD? Why? What happens if I use Babe Ruth in an offline exhibition game? He won't be a 121 hitting? That would ruin the point of the legends if they only have their true attributes in DD only. Can anyone figure this out?
Old 03-03-2018, 02:58 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
So the 125 attribute cap thing is only for DD? Why? What happens if I use Babe Ruth in an offline exhibition game? He won't be a 121 hitting? That would ruin the point of the legends if they only have their true attributes in DD only. Can anyone figure this out?
How's this: It would ruin carry-over Franchises/Seasons/RTTS that would still be using the 99 max system. And before anyone says that the game could just scale those old attributes up to fit the new system, I highly doubt that it's that simple.

TBH, this was my first thought when I heard about the 125 cap. So I'm kinda glad that the offline rating system is staying constant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2018, 03:01 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
How's this: It would ruin carry-over Franchises/Seasons/RTTS that would still be using the 99 max system. And before anyone says that the game could just scale those old attributes up to fit the new system, I highly doubt that it's that simple.

TBH, this was my first thought when I heard about the 125 cap. So I'm kinda glad that the offline rating system is staying constant.
Ok I'm with you that it would screw up the other "long term" modes but I myself would never use legends in franchise or season etc but i don't get why they wouldn't allow the legends to use the 125 system in exhibition games. There's seemingly no point in using the legends in other modes if they're not gonna be at their full ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »