Home

MLB The Show 18 - What’s New in Road the The Show

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 - What’s New in Road the The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #17
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 18 - What’s New in Road the The Show

This all looks really great. I like how it’s now based on on field results rather than dropping training points on whatever you want.

I don’t know how I feel about the Caps being set but I do like Archwtypes. Only worry I have is how are you going to recreate a Nolan Arenado Player. MVP, Sver Slugger but also a Gold Glove 3rd Baseman. It seems like you’re going to be stuck one or the other. Or if you choose both, it won’t be as dominant.

I really hope they improved Catcher gameplay and fielding opportunities. That’d make it perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
This all looks really great. I like how it’s now based on on field results rather than dropping training points on whatever you want.

I don’t know how I feel about the Caps being set but I do like Archwtypes. Only worry I have is how are you going to recreate a Nolan Arenado Player. MVP, Sver Slugger but also a Gold Glove 3rd Baseman. It seems like you’re going to be stuck one or the other. Or if you choose both, it won’t be as dominant.

I really hope they improved Catcher gameplay and fielding opportunities. That’d make it perfect

Yeah I like to make speedy power hitters (Willie Mays/Barry Bonds style) so I'm worried that might not be possible in this new mode. Hopefully the training segments will offer enough cap flexibility as to make the restrictions strategic and not just frustrating. Ideally I can make my super fast home run champ but I'll have to make some big sacrifices to get there.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #19
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yeah, that's a really good question, one that I'm sure they'll address in the stream today.
Heard them say for carry over saves that you will still have to pick an archtype and the caps will apply to your carried over player.......specifically said "they will pull those skill points down over time". So sounds like not an immediate drop, but a slow and eventual one.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:08 PM   #20
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

These are some great changes and improvements. This is the mode I was most looking forward to hearing about, and excited for the stream today. Been a while since I dived in (since the PS3 really) and scarcely played 14 & 16. I will be diving right into this mode in 18 for sure!
Old 03-08-2018, 02:45 PM   #21
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16

There needs to be a 5 tool player archetype so you can make a guy like Ken Griffey Jr. or Mike Trout.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2018, 02:47 PM   #22
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
There needs to be a 5 tool player archetype so you can make a guy like Ken Griffey Jr. or Mike Trout.

Agree. There are people out there who want a realistic, “I’ll be a certain type of player that suits me” and that’s great for these current archetypes. But there’s also those “I want to be that once in a generation talent” and not offering that could be a huge negative.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:59 PM   #23
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I am still concerned how the major changes to advancements affects carry over players who have blown past those max caps because at this stage I am not that keen on starting yet another career from scratch and if they hamstring my carry over players then I will probably abandon the mode.
I am curious as to how they will handle this. But I'm sure they will support the carry over.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:14 PM   #24
Rookie

Enjoying what I'm seeing, like the player archetypes and caps, keeps things feeling more realistic and love how the player improves his ratings is base on his performances in that certain attribute instead of getting points and maxing out where every you want to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »