Home

Who will play 17 with updated rosters?

This is a discussion on Who will play 17 with updated rosters? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2018, 12:07 PM   #17
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Who will play 17 with updated rosters?

Definitely NOT for me. I'm looking forward to the new archetypes and attribute caps. I say that because I am in year 11 of my BoSox 3B RTTS and of course, I'm a 99 OVR and 99 in everything except SPD, STL, and bunting. (I never raised my speed because that's not a gainable attribute IMO). I'm coming off of seasons where I batted .394 and .376, with 48 and 54 HRs, respectively. I had to start manually "regressing" my player to keep it fun. Winning 4 straight MVPs can actually get boring, lol. All THIS, while playing on Legend difficulty.

So yeah, I'm moving over to 18 asap.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 03-09-2018, 12:22 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

NO WAY! I can't wait to get 18! All the new face scans, the helmets having the face guards, all the sick new tags, throw transitions, pitching motions and batting stances PLUS BATTING STANCE CREATOR!!!!!!!!!

Hyped. I wish it was out now. I had the flu and two snow days from work this week....I could have gotten so much work done on the game setting up my rosters. I gotta make sure everyone on the Yankees has the correct shoelaces and whatnot because I'm OCD.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:24 PM   #19
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

I have absolutely no need for 18,I don't play rtts,I barely play DD,and I don't play franchise,although that might change.

I have some updated rosters already,and will get opening day rosters in the vault if needed. I have currently set up sots,and have no desire to do it again.

I also downloaded a nice set of classic rosters from the vault,so for no more than I'll probably play a baseball title,17 will fill the void quite nicely.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 03-09-2018, 02:37 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
I have absolutely no need for 18,I don't play rtts,I barely play DD,and I don't play franchise,although that might change.

I have some updated rosters already,and will get opening day rosters in the vault if needed. I have currently set up sots,and have no desire to do it again.

I also downloaded a nice set of classic rosters from the vault,so for no more than I'll probably play a baseball title,17 will fill the void quite nicely.
Hey Kevin. You'll get 18 and you'll like it! You hear me?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #21
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

I know this is going to sound stupid, but the reason I'll be getting '18 is because they actually fixed the color "red." I can finally play with my Cardinals or use my favorite player, Mike Trout's Angels without my OCD killing the fun.
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTWiseGuy
I am..............

I quit playing 2017 about 2 weeks ago. Not carrying anything over. Will play RTTS for the first time ever and once some really good rosters come out I will start a franchise with the Braves.

It seems ridiculous to me that fans of The Show or baseball in general would not buy this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-09-2018, 05:12 PM   #23
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

No way. After hearing all of the news on this years game, I am officially done with 17. Can’t even make it through a whole game now.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-09-2018, 07:18 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I'll still fire up 17 after March 23, occasionally. But mainly to hear ''It's time for Dodger Baseball''. & I hate L.A. But I love Vin Scully. I still play 14 15 & 16 too. 14 because of Rafael Furcal, 15 because of Barry Zito & 16 because of Big Papi.

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »