Home

Do you guys get bored with MLB The Show?

This is a discussion on Do you guys get bored with MLB The Show? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2018, 02:24 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Do you guys get bored with MLB The Show?

I don't get bored of it at all though in the middle stages of the games year, I took a couple of months off but got back into it and have been playing as much as I can. I love baseball, makes a great video game. I look past the things like announcing because I don't pay a lot of attention to it and focus on the game I'm playing.

I mostly play the diamond dynasty offline and play to accomplish missions and collect as many players as possible so that keeps me very interested. I don't play online because of all the win at all costs that players do now and it just becomes a game of playing vs the exploit and not the game but this year they said they've tried to fix it so that will be interesting.

I dabble in RTTS though I'll admit, I haven't played as much of this mode as I have in the past. I love the game, enjoy it completely and have certainly got my money's worth. I will in the next one as I preordered the first day I could. So looking forward to it

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2018, 07:29 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 10

I've been saying this for years. The Show is presented to people who've never played. It's not until you've played about a month of games that you realise how canned and recycled the game is. I can call the dialogue lines from about 30 seconds away and then recite them word for word. When I see a certain cut, I know what shot is coming next, when I hit a homerun I know exactly the sequence of shots including the creepy closeup of the coach looking one way with his eyeballs unnaturaly going the other way, which by the way in MLB 16 was an exact reverse of the one they had used in MLB 15. Same look, same head tilt, eyes going in the other direction.
Every game post-2010 that obsessed with animations for TV style presentation became repetitive and monotonous. I much prefer the older games where players have no "personality" other than happy or frustrated at the game they're involved in and where the games refrain from serving you realistic "human" reactions.
So, I'm not bored of the game itself, but the experience of playing the game drags because of all the useless in betweens. The biggest killer for The Show though, is the commentary.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:36 PM   #51
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
when I hit a homerun I know exactly the sequence of shots including the creepy closeup of the coach looking one way with his eyeballs unnaturaly going the other way, which by the way in MLB 16 was an exact reverse of the one they had used in MLB 15. Same look, same head tilt, eyes going in the other direction..
Hahahahaha, I hate that sequence!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Operation Sports mobile app
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #52
Rookie

I used to play the game year round, the past couple of years however I have gotten bored by June, the staleness and non updates to Franchise mode have made it that way, and its my boredom of why I am still on the fence about buying the game this year.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:27 PM   #53
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

I don't get bored because I play EVERY SINGLE game of the season so I get to check out every single stadium play with different teams and players. and I take every at bat and swap controllers every innings and then I know all the stats were created by me.

Now if I used the same team and just played it that way only use 1 team then maybe I would get bored after a while.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:47 PM   #54
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I wouldn’t say it’s boring.. but my interest goes out the door for a couple reasons..

I wait too long to start a franchise waiting for OSFM vX (always want the newest)

Franchise improvements are minimal and haven’t hooked me in quite some time.

Interleague schedules.. this is probably #1 as weird as it may be. I just cannot stand not switching up my opponents in a franchise. This should be priority #1 for them to fix.

Other than that.. already preordered and ready to dig in and enjoy the greatness that is The Show.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:11 AM   #55
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

I get bored with The Show much less than other games. I'm not into gaming like I was 15 years ago, 10 years ago, even 5 years ago.

I have The Witcher 3 and Final Fantasy XV on my PS4, but have hardly ever touched them; maybe a few hours each. I rarely play any PC games anymore, though I may pick up Far Cry 5 when it is on sale on Steam sometime later this year. I play NBA 2k 18 quite a bit, more than any NBA 2K game in several years. The gameplay is fantastic and I don't play MyCareer, so the VC issues don't effect me.

But The Show is still my top game. I'm still playing 17 even though 18 comes out in 11 days (early access). I don't dump the hours into it that I used to for The Show series. My 3 year old daughter makes sure of that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #56
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

I can become tedious if I grind to much. My gaming habits are varied though so I take breaks to play other games.

Which is also why, unfortunately, I will never grind enough hours to get the really elite players in the different programs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »