Home

Any news on fixing rocket bunts from 17

This is a discussion on Any news on fixing rocket bunts from 17 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2018, 04:11 PM   #9
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any news on fixing rocket bunts from 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
They mentioned in one of the streams that they did some tuning but did not show any examples of their adjusting. Their solution last year of having low rated players bunting rockets around the infield was odd. Most of the time when when you see a player who sucks at bunting attempt them, they usually miss, foul them off, catch their finger or pop them up for any easy single out. Not this double play situation that seems to be common place. I am also not saying that a hard contact bunt should not exist.

I am still curious of the state of the suicide squeeze by the CPU. 3 years in a row of excessive use by them.
Man I hope this was toned down big time!
Old 03-15-2018, 09:40 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
I am still curious of the state of the suicide squeeze by the CPU. 3 years in a row of excessive use by them.

I ask at least once a week (when they start releasing info on the newest game) on Twitter and in every stream, I haven’t received one reply in 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 03-16-2018, 08:38 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
And how successful they are if they get the bunt down...even if the hitter has like a 10 in bunting.

Perhaps the solution would be to use the Bunt rating as the player's Contact rating. A 10 contact isn't going to do much right at the plate, so a 10 bunting operating under that same principle is going to miss/foul/pop up most of the time.

I never played online when but when I hear "bunt cheese" I think about this kind of thing being what was going on, just constant bunting for cheap hits with guys who have no business bunting correctly that consistently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 10:42 AM   #12
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
it's unrelated but the only thing I noticed is when Ramone mentioned a similar line of logic will be applied to out of position 1b so that they will be incapable of catching 99% of the balls.

It's a bad practice to break the game to remedy an exploit. We can only hope they have eliminated this practice for the bunting situation. There have to be enough tuners at their disposal to develop a more thoughtful compromise than this.

Same for 1B, I don't want a franchise game ruined because the CPU logic uses emergency 1B due to injury and he can't make a single play so I get unearned runners allover the place.
I don't like seeing online fixes seeping their way into offline modes, its not necessary. If a person wants to cheat themself offline and do whacky stuff it affects them and has no affect on me. But to penalize the offline user because random schmucks like to bunt and put players in random positions to win at all costs online, I have a problem with that.

Last edited by nemesis04; 03-18-2018 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-18-2018, 10:47 AM   #13
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
And how successful they are if they get the bunt down...even if the hitter has like a 10 in bunting.

Perhaps the solution would be to use the Bunt rating as the player's Contact rating. A 10 contact isn't going to do much right at the plate, so a 10 bunting operating under that same principle is going to miss/foul/pop up most of the time.

I never played online when but when I hear "bunt cheese" I think about this kind of thing being what was going on, just constant bunting for cheap hits with guys who have no business bunting correctly that consistently.
All they had to do was give the hitters who have no business bunting a PCI the size of a dot. Majority of the time they would fail like they do in the real MLB.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:31 AM   #14
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

I hope they can figure out a way to separate the online exploit band aids out of offline play.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:00 PM   #15
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I don't like seeing online fixes seeping their way into offline modes, its not necessary. If a person wants to cheat themselves offline and do whacky stuff it affects them and has no affect on me. But to penalize the offline user because random schmucks like to bunt and put players in random positions to win at all costs online, I have a problem with that.

Exactly this, isnt there a way for a 2-way code or something that kicks in when you play online or offline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 12:12 PM   #16
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I don't like seeing online fixes seeping their way into offline modes, its not necessary. If a person wants to cheat themselves offline and do whacky stuff it affects them and has no affect on me. But to penalize the offline user because random schmucks like to bunt and put players in random positions to win at all costs online, I have a problem with that.
Agreed. Only benefit of changes from last year to this, was the catcher urgency, redone tag system, and no more animation slowdowns.

But online should have never been the cause. The fact that those glaring issues were in the game in general, should have been enough, since it is the core gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »