Home

MLB The Show 18 GameStop Monday - RTTS

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 GameStop Monday - RTTS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2018, 02:55 PM   #33
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 18 GameStop Monday - RTTS

This video was about as useful as the Unboxing video last week

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-12-2018, 02:56 PM   #34
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

I’m now absolutely convinced that people don’t read other posts within a thread, especially about what Ramone said. Good grief.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:58 PM   #35
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Overreaction and conspiracy theories!

Let the fun begin....
I will say that if there were substantial changes I'm sure it would have been addressed in "back of the box features," and promoted.

I'm hoping at this point there are many under the hood changes and legacy bug fixes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 03:03 PM   #36
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
That's all well and good except for the fact that Ramone specifically stated that the GameStop Mondays this year would not always match what the stream is about that week.
Weird then that the video ends telling people to make sure they join them next week, considering there is no Gamestop Monday scheduled next week? It's almost as if they pre-recorded it with the intention of it going out last week, fitting in with the very logical timeline of every single other one for the past 2 years, but had to move it back a week for some reason. (also explains why there has been no Gamestop Monday video about Franchise, when obviously they will have made one)

Common sense would tell you that Ramone said that as cover in case they needed to do something like this, hell maybe he even knew they'd have a problem and need to do this in advance when he said it. It's pretty standard to have fall back plans in business or leave yourself wiggle room.

This is a bizarre argument to have as it wasn't even a criticism, just it's abundantly clear they had to make a change to the schedule for some reason. No idea why some on here need to get so defensive
Old 03-12-2018, 03:07 PM   #37
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I will say that if there were substantial changes I'm sure it would have been addressed in "back of the box features," and promoted.

I'm hoping at this point there are many under the hood changes and legacy bug fixes.

Maybe so.

But the disappointment to this being about RTTS and not franchise is people's own doing. It was never stated that today's Gamestop Monday would be about franchise. And Ramone had already stated that the Gamestop Monday's would not always match the subject of that week's stream.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #38
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Maybe so.

But the disappointment to this being about RTTS and not franchise is people's own doing. It was never stated that today's Gamestop Monday would be about franchise. And Ramone had already stated that the Gamestop Monday's would not always match the subject of that week's stream.
Agreed there.

Old 03-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #39
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

I am in no way saying that we are entitled to any information and I am thankful for what we get.

That being said, I have noticed a trend, especially in the video game industry of just poor communication with fans/customer base. Obviously there has been some kind of change that was either accidental or needed to happen. No big deal really. But in this day and age of social media and instant communication a Tweet or Facebook post can go a long way. Not even an apology, just a heads up that something has happened. Small updates would go a long way to calming a lot of hate thrown around in almost every single instance.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:17 PM   #40
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I am in no way saying that we are entitled to any information and I am thankful for what we get.

That being said, I have noticed a trend, especially in the video game industry of just poor communication with fans/customer base. Obviously there has been some kind of change that was either accidental or needed to happen. No big deal really. But in this day and age of social media and instant communication a Tweet or Facebook post can go a long way. Not even an apology, just a heads up that something has happened. Small updates would go a long way to calming a lot of hate thrown around in almost every single instance.
But how do we know that something actually went wrong? Maybe it did, I don't know.

Maybe the plan all along was to have 6 Gamestop Monday's prior to the launch of the game. Maybe #4 was meant to be the All Rise Edition unboxing, #5 RTTS, and then #6 (next Monday) to be about franchise.

I know they did a GameStop Monday unboxing for MLB '16 MVP Edition, so its not out of the realm of possibility that last week's Gamestop Monday was intended.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »