Home

MLB The Show 18 GameStop Monday - RTTS

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 GameStop Monday - RTTS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #49
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 GameStop Monday - RTTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
If they didn't do one for franchise doesn't mean we won't get franchise information prior to the game releasing.

There is a blog scheduled for tomorrow and a stream scheduled for Thursday.
If they haven't done one for Franchise mode then it means that they think any changes they made to Franchise are less likely to sell copies than a video of a man taking a hat out of a box. Which isn't great news!

(I'm joking as I am 100% sure they will have made one and it's just delayed, you don't just neglect to promote one of your 3 main modes)
Old 03-12-2018, 03:33 PM   #50
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
But how do we know that something actually went wrong? Maybe it did, I don't know.

Maybe the plan all along was to have 6 Gamestop Monday's prior to the launch of the game. Maybe #4 was meant to be the All Rise Edition unboxing, #5 RTTS, and then #6 (next Monday) to be about franchise.

I know they did a GameStop Monday unboxing for MLB '16 MVP Edition, so its not out of the realm of possibility that last week's Gamestop Monday was intended.
I'm not just referring to this Monday thing but with the industry as a whole. How many times, even with The Show last year, have many developers been blasted with hate and drama for lack of communication that could have been alleviated with just simple Tweet. Every company has a media/social network on staff supposedly for just such issues.

For me, and I am not directing this at Sony or this game in any way, one of the reasons I don't pre order and have cut down to only 3 or 4 games a year is just this type of thing. I am tired of buying $60 dollar games that needs 11 patched before they are playable, or features stripped out and sold to us later as DLC. The industry as a whole thinks they can get away with whatever they want because the consumer will buy it anyway. I'm not giving my money to a company that doesn't appreciate me as a customer or a supporter.

You can't tell me that they did not know we were all expecting a Franchise video today. How hard would it have been to Tweet or do a 5 second post on Facebook with an update that it wasn't going to happen. Again this isn't fully directed at The Show crew but they are far from innocent in this as well.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:38 PM   #51
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Spoiler
Great episode!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 03:39 PM   #52
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I'm not just referring to this Monday thing but with the industry as a whole. How many times, even with The Show last year, have many developers been blasted with hate and drama for lack of communication that could have been alleviated with just simple Tweet. Every company has a media/social network on staff supposedly for just such issues.

For me, and I am not directing this at Sony or this game in any way, one of the reasons I don't pre order and have cut down to only 3 or 4 games a year is just this type of thing. I am tired of buying $60 dollar games that needs 11 patched before they are playable, or features stripped out and sold to us later as DLC. The industry as a whole thinks they can get away with whatever they want because the consumer will buy it anyway. I'm not giving my money to a company that doesn't appreciate me as a customer or a supporter.

You can't tell me that they did not know we were all expecting a Franchise video today. How hard would it have been to Tweet or do a 5 second post on Facebook with an update that it wasn't going to happen. Again this isn't fully directed at The Show crew but they are far from innocent in this as well.
Maybe they could've put out a notice that today's Gamestop Monday wasn't about franchise mode, but would it have really changed the perception?

No video = no changes. That is the mentality that the community is taking these days.

So, yeah maybe they could have informed their customer, but again, what would it have changed? Most likely, nothing.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-12-2018, 03:40 PM   #53
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Were the Franchise guys who are fretting over the fact that the GameStop video today is about RTTS also concerned by the fact that last weeks video was not about RTTS but was am unboxing?

Every year I see the franchise guys get their hopes up that this is the year for major changes only to be mostly disappointed after the stream. I mean I hope you did get major changes but I honestly have not seen anything yet that makes me think that it is coming this year. Seems like some major changes were thrown at DD and RTTS. How much development time was left for Franchise? I hope I am wrong though.
Well given that they have different people work on different aspects of the game, I would say quite a bit of development time was left for franchise mode.

What that means as far as additions/improvements/changes to the mode? I guess we'll find out later on this week.

Old 03-12-2018, 03:41 PM   #54
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Maybe they could've put out a notice that today's Gamestop Monday wasn't about franchise mode, but would it have really changed the perception?

No video = no changes. That is the mentality that the community is taking these days.

So, yeah maybe they could have informed their customer, but again, what would it have changed? Most likely, nothing.
I don't disagree, but not all of us are over reacting nut bars or trolls just looking for a reason to go off.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:46 PM   #55
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I don't disagree, but not all of us are over reacting nut bars or trolls just looking for a reason to go off.
Never claimed that all were. At least not intentionally.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 03:47 PM   #56
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

Quote:

There were literally 2-3 posts in the span of 4 pages worrying that today's Gamestop Monday Franchise no-show meant that the mode had been ignored this year before you accused others of overreacting and conspiracy theorizing. Most of us are just disappointed today didn't bring the announcements we were hoping for and confused as to why Gamestop would bother associating itself with a relatively useless promo. Don't think those are unreasonable reactions at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »