Home

Starting a franchise

This is a discussion on Starting a franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2018, 02:28 PM   #9
Where is A-Aron

bspring3's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Starting a franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
I got all excited thinking this thread was about the Franchise blog!!

I'll, as always, wait until OSFM drops to start my Franchise. Once it does, I'll pick the Yanks as always. Honestly, I don't have many moves to make. Hopefully, Sabathia's health holds up and he can be effective and Jordan Montgomery can continue to develop. If not, I'll give guys like Chance Adams and Justus Sheffield a shot before exploring trade options.

I will be doing the Yankees as well. My plan is to most likely roll with the vets the first year and let Adams, Sheffield, Andujar, and Torres develop in the minors for at least the first half. Then bring them up to see who to focus on in FA the next season. 2019 will be my first shot at a WS most likely.

I can foresee 1B being the main spot to upgrade at depending on Bird. Could use the bullpen and someone like Frazier, Hicks, prospects to trade for an upgrade there.

Will be interesting to see if Stanton’s opt out is in the game and if so, what he does.

A rotation of Severino, Tanaka, gray, Adams, and Sheffield looks solid for the long term.

SS will be interesting as well since Didi has historically not been rated well, so that may be Torres spot.

A lot of potential options here depending on ratings, progression, and who hits FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-13-2018, 02:48 PM   #10
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

Play as the Brewers and finally not have to sim a year or two for rebuilding. Hopefully SCEA gives them some respect on player ratings this year.

If they have still have the log jam at outfield, I'll probably trade a package of prospects + Santana/Phillips/Broxton for a decent SP.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:54 PM   #11
Rookie

SplashHit's Arena

OVR: 0

I'll be carrying over my 30-team control Franchise this year, but I still don't know which team I'll take control of. I've narrowed my options down to the Twins & Rays in the AL and the Braves & Padres in the NL.

The Padres just might be the most intriguing option, though. It would be nice to see Perdomo and Lamet improve the rotation, and I'd probably call up Quantrill and Lucchesi later in the year. I'm not sure what I'd do with the crowded outfield situation--maybe Pirela in LF, Margot in CF, Myers in RF with Renfroe off the bench against lefties. Dickerson and Jankowski would probably be in AAA as depth pieces.

I'd be looking at a lineup like this:
1) Margot CF
2) Galvis SS
3) Pirela LF
4) Hosmer 1B
5) Myers RF
6) Headley 3B
7) Hedges C
8) Asuaje 2B

with a bench of:
1) Spangenberg UT
2) Renfroe RF/LF
3) Ellis C
4) Villanueva 3B
5) Cordero or Szczur OF

Anyone else thinking of playing as the Padres?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 04:49 PM   #12
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13

Think I've narrowed it down the Brewers, Phils, or Padres...

I was locked in on starting one with Milwaukee and still leaning that way but the Phillies are intriguing to me. Love their unis and throwbacks too and that factors in, silly I know haha.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:55 PM   #13
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

I'll be using the Braves and will play every game myself. Between the teams stats and my gaming skills, hopefully I can make the playoffs in the first year while playing on All Star difficulty.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:59 PM   #14
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

Going to continue my Mets franchise until OSFM, maybe. Going to miss all of my edits I've made. I'm such a huge uniform whore...

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
Old 03-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #15
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

I’ll be using my Yankees like every year but I will be waiting for OSFM as always as well. Really excited to both use them in franchise this year and see the team in action irl when the season starts. Gonna be a fun team to use. Don’t really have any moves planned. Right now I’m thinking I might just stick with the team they have in real life for year 1. It’s a pretty strong team as is. Probably just get some of Frazier, Adams, Andujar, and Torres up at some point unless I’m forgetting anyone else depending on their minors performance and how they progress.

The first offseason is where it will get really interesting with the likes of Machado and Harper supposed to be hitting FA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 05:40 PM   #16
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspring3
I will be doing the Yankees as well. My plan is to most likely roll with the vets the first year and let Adams, Sheffield, Andujar, and Torres develop in the minors for at least the first half. Then bring them up to see who to focus on in FA the next season. 2019 will be my first shot at a WS most likely.

I can foresee 1B being the main spot to upgrade at depending on Bird. Could use the bullpen and someone like Frazier, Hicks, prospects to trade for an upgrade there.

Will be interesting to see if Stanton’s opt out is in the game and if so, what he does.

A rotation of Severino, Tanaka, gray, Adams, and Sheffield looks solid for the long term.

SS will be interesting as well since Didi has historically not been rated well, so that may be Torres spot.

A lot of potential options here depending on ratings, progression, and who hits FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
You plan on possibly moving on from Bird and upgrading at 1B? That’s an interesting and different idea, haven’t seen that before. Of course we don’t know the ratings yet but I haven’t thought that an upgrade over Bird would be needed.

I agree with you on Didi, hopefully he gets the ratings love he deserves this year.

Last edited by Rocket32; 03-13-2018 at 05:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »