Home

Are modes like Diamond Dynasty legitimately well received by fans?

This is a discussion on Are modes like Diamond Dynasty legitimately well received by fans? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2018, 02:21 PM   #9
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are modes like Diamond Dynasty legitimately well received by fans?

I think one of the biggest factors is that they keep getting constantly updated along with the real baseball season, so it keeps players invested and interested as things keep changing. So it connects people watching real baseball to people playing The Show better than any other mode. It's a lot like fantasy baseball in that respect
Old 03-15-2018, 02:26 PM   #10
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Here is the way I look at it.

Everyone who buys the show at minimum spends $60 dollars on the game.

Any dollar spent after that on stubs to buy packs, that customer becomes more valuable then the standard version $60 dollar guy.

Now, look at all the streamers that buy hundreds, to thousands dollars worth of packs. Sports game's hardly ever used to have 3-4 different versions released. Now, every sports game has multiple versions, all centered on making more money from the card modes.

Even my buddies, would spend $20+ dollars on packs, even though they hardly touched DD, and mainly played OF. I see the addicting aspect to it.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:45 PM   #11
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Here is the way I look at it.

Everyone who buys the show at minimum spends $60 dollars on the game.

Any dollar spent after that on stubs to buy packs, that customer becomes more valuable then the standard version $60 dollar guy.

Now, look at all the streamers that buy hundreds, to thousands dollars worth of packs. Sports game's hardly ever used to have 3-4 different versions released. Now, every sports game has multiple versions, all centered on making more money from the card modes.

Even my buddies, would spend $20+ dollars on packs, even though they hardly touched DD, and mainly played OF. I see the addicting aspect to it.

Ties it all back to the feeling we got as kids opening card packs ... it is addicting you’re so correct .

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2018, 03:09 PM   #12
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
The fans love DD like modes. Not fans of baseball, probably.

That seems like a vast overgeneralization that has no real proof to it.

It's so easy for so many to dismiss those who don't play the game the same way they do.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:08 PM   #13
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I think that the answer is obviously yes. SCEA wouldn't spend as much time investing in this if it wasn't wildly popular.

Old 03-15-2018, 04:25 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am so sick of seeing that garbage that people who play these modes are not fans of baseball but fans of the game. It's such a stupid statement to make. One, there is zero basis on it whatsoever. Most of the people I know who have the show care about base all and have played it at very high levels, a couple played minor league baseball. Two, just because you are on a chat site for diamond dynasty and all you talk about is card collecting, well.... duh. That's what the mode is about.

You know what people who play diamond dynasty complain about? Things that happen in the game that are unrealistic when it comes to the game of baseball. Messed up throws, horrible tagging and sliding and a whole lot of other issues that are in the day to day of playing baseball. Stop painting everyone with the same brush. I could just as easily say that the people that play franchise only care about the management or prices of things and don't play real baseball.

Give me a break.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2018, 04:35 PM   #15
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan99
You know what people who play diamond dynasty complain about? Things that happen in the game that are unrealistic when it comes to the game of baseball. Messed up throws, horrible tagging and sliding and a whole lot of other issues that are in the day to day of playing baseball.

That a good point. DD may be the reason we got improvements to the tagging system this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2018, 04:44 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Also they made a huge stink about playing guys out of position, especially playing them at first base. There was a big conversation on Twitter that you shouldn't be able to take Ted Williams (has 69 fielding) and have him play like Goldschmidt (a gold glove first baseman with 90 fielding). Because right now that happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »