Home

MLB The Show 18 Twitch Stream Starting Now - Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Twitch Stream Starting Now - Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2018, 12:38 PM   #401
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB The Show 18 Twitch Stream Starting Now - Franchise Mode

Do they still have community days? I feel like THAT'S when this game was really making strides (roster vault, 30-team control, stadium updates, MOM, etc.)...seems like that hasn't happened in a couple of years.

I remember when 42, Nemesis, Pared, Knight, (PyschoBulk in recent years) and a few others (Enigma went too, right?) would go out to SD and represent OS to show the dev team what we wanted to see in this mode and how they could improve it.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 12:38 PM   #402
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
It has been programmed before though.
Show us an example where trade logic worked to that of real life for any sports game, please. Even with all the nostalgia in the world, for games of the past, it does not cover up that this is a problem that can never be close to perfect. There is just way too many variables. It has been improving, but you are always going to get some wonky logic without the 'human element' involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Do they still have community days? I feel like THAT'S when this game was really making strides (roster vault, 30-team control, stadium updates, MOM, etc.)...seems like that hasn't happened in a couple of years.

I remember when 42, Nemesis, Pared, Knight, (PyschoBulk in recent years) and a few others (Enigma went too, right?) would go out to SD and represent OS to show the dev team what we wanted to see in this mode and how they could improve it.
Yeah, they do not do them anymore. In the age of streaming, social media, and content providers... that is the new avenue they are using.

I would definitely be down for a resurgence of them, if they ever explored than avenue again. There were a lot of good exchanges, and I also learned a lot as well. Sometimes where I wish I was still ignorant to a lot of things, because I am seeing the same misconceptions I would have made prior to that, lol.

Tbarnes was there as well, I remember he was the heavy Franchise guy, Knight with MoM, (I was the stadium/uniforms dude, and some RttS), etc..

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 03-16-2018 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #403
Rookie

consecutive27's Arena

OVR: 0

The menus look good. I really like the rule 5 notification, to me that was one of the more annoying aspects of roster management in the off-season in previous years. Glad that they improved player retirements too. I hope players don't drop off a cliff with regression as frequently. I got tired of seeing Bryce Harper dramatically regress before he hit age 30 in MLB the show 16. I wish they would have actually played the draft so I could see how the generated players look, but I guess if nothing is new, what's the point? I am going to wait and see what people have to say about the game on the forum before I decide to purchase, but there is a good chance I end up getting it because i skipped 17 and I have always loved the gameplay of the show. I was hoping for more franchise improvements this year though.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #404
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Does anyone remember the lopsided trade

Braves receive:
Ender Inciarte
Dansby Swanson
Aaron Blair

Diamondbacks receive:
Shelby Miller
nobody relief pitcher.....

It happens.
Jake Odorizzi for Jermaine Palacios straight up.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #405
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
It has been programmed before though. It's not 110% perfect but it's pretty good.
What I meant was, a piece of code that governs sports trades will always have some weird results because of all the human elements involved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #406
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Show us an example where trade logic worked to that of real life for any sports game, please. Even with all the nostalgia in the world, for games of the past, it does not cover up that this is a problem that can never be close to perfect, it can just be better, and has been getting better. There is just way too many variables.
OOTP and Football Manager are pretty good if not damn close.

As far as non-text based sports games I would say that NBA 2k has gotten it done the best right now.

Nothing is 110% but they're the top running at this moment regarding trade logic.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #407
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
This is why they need to add in players that are "untouchable" so there's no way they would trade unless the offer were so incredible that it was too good to pass up. Also, it's very unlikely that a team is going to just waive a player like Stanton especially since they just got him that same year.

It has been programmed before though. It's not 110% perfect but it's pretty good.

Who’s to say Stanton goes and hits say 40 HRs this year.

A great year. But the Yankees want Harper. They trade Stanton for maybe not a great package. But get that contract off the books and grab Harper.

That could easily happen. The baseball trade market is probably next to the NHL the most difficult to navigate and program for.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-16-2018, 12:45 PM   #408
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Who’s to say Stanton goes and hits say 40 HRs this year.

A great year. But the Yankees want Harper. They trade Stanton for maybe not a great package. But get that contract off the books and grab Harper.

That could easily happen. The baseball trade market is probably next to the NHL the most difficult to navigate and program for.
AS, I followed you on here for a long time. I'm an avid fan of your slider sets over the course of MANY different sports games and I think you're a pretty down to earth and cool guy from knowing you on your Twitch streams....

But dude you've lost it...

There is no way the Yankees would give up on Stanton to get Harper unless Stanton had a bad injury or he just flat out "lost it".

Not in a million years bro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »