Home

Show '09 vs. Show' 18

This is a discussion on Show '09 vs. Show' 18 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2018, 12:24 PM   #25
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Show '09 vs. Show' 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I guess let’s forget NBA 2K is across all platforms.

More units sold = more money.

NBA was #2 on 2017 game selling list. The Show was no where close... you think their profit is the same?

More money = bigger team.

Doesn’t mean the show have a bigger profit at all and can sell it cheaper.. they have to cover their costs dependant on the income they bring in, which The Show is obviously a lot less but you keep forgetting that, the logic is unreal at this time of year.
There is no logic. Some people just like to talk out of their you know what. It's so obvious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2018, 01:05 PM   #26
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1

I buy the show every year, and for the most part i think its a great game.

However, in 9 years time, its simply inexcusable that player models, uniforms, commentary, presentation, and franchise have not seen the upgrades you would expect in that time.

I really thought with 14s initial improvements on the ps4, that by this time we would see a significant face lift and it just hasnt happened.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:40 PM   #27
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I get that we all want to see improvements; but this is what I grew up with and had a blast doing so (I used to create line-ups and track box-scores by hand when playing).

I just feel like we're nearing a threshold in sports video games where progress is measured in mere inches instead of yards. Progress is far more incremental than it ever used to be. Sure, games will continue to evolve and improve as technology permits...but the closer we get to the real thing, the harder it will be to get those "noticeable improvements".

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand what people are saying here...we always want more (and I am right there with everyone...). This is just a little different perspective on things.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:59 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
There is no logic. Some people just like to talk out of their you know what. It's so obvious.
It's obvious that I'm talking out of my butt? He asked if the cost of making the game got cheaper, I replied that the team was smaller and thus their overhead is cheaper because of less developers. That's it. If you're gonna be a wise guy, keep it to yourself. If you wanna discuss something rationally, I'm all for it. Stop wasting my and the community's time by instigating.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2018, 02:00 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I get that we all want to see improvements; but this is what I grew up with and had a blast doing so (I used to create line-ups and track box-scores by hand when playing).

I just feel like we're nearing a threshold in sports video games where progress is measured in mere inches instead of yards. Progress is far more incremental than it ever used to be. Sure, games will continue to evolve and improve as technology permits...but the closer we get to the real thing, the harder it will be to get those "noticeable improvements".

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand what people are saying here...we always want more (and I am right there with everyone...). This is just a little different perspective on things.
It says Atairi, but it looks like a port from the Intellivision game from 1980 the first baseball I ever played (and yes I am dating myself now if I confess that I owned an Intellivision console from the early 80s).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L1sWZCeCgw
Old 03-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
You know what needs to happen in forums because it's becoming a bigger and bigger issue year after year (probably something to do with society's ever increasing self-absorbed entitlement) not agreeing with someone needs to go back to meaning that you just don't agree with them. It doesn't make them wrong. Just makes them different in opinion from you. So how do you go from someone thinking differently to their opinions being so badly formed that it is equivalent to them defecating rather than speaking. And then to make the further leap that your assertion about them is so unchallengeable that you can outright label it as "obvious". I just don't get what about Padgoi's opinion is so ridiculous to you that you need to passive aggressively mock him to others. I'm sure you're probably perfectly capable of saying, "Hmm.. I don't agree, I think it's more like 'X' but interesting to hear your opinion" but for some reason it's really bothered you how dumb you think he is just for thinking differently.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 03-17-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:59 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I just feel like we're nearing a threshold in sports video games where progress is measured in mere inches instead of yards. Progress is far more incremental than it ever used to be.
I agree and that's why it's getting more frustrating to shell out $60(100's for special editions and those who pump money in to pay to win modes). I'm just not feeling it this year. Maybe my mind will change, but I have no hype at all for this year's Show.

Last edited by kehlis; 03-17-2018 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Format
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2018, 03:24 PM   #32
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
You know what needs to happen in forums because it's becoming a bigger and bigger issue year after year (probably something to do with society's ever increasing self-absorbed entitlement) not agreeing with someone needs to go back to meaning that you just don't agree with them. It doesn't make them wrong. Just makes them different in opinion from you. So how do you go from someone thinking differently to their opinions being so badly formed that it is equivalent to them defecating rather than speaking. And then to make the further leap that your assertion about them is so unchallengeable that you can outright label it as "obvious". I just don't get what about Padgoi's opinion is so ridiculous to you that you need to passive aggressively mock him to others. I'm sure you're probably perfectly capable of saying, "Hmm.. I don't agree, I think it's more like 'X' but interesting to hear your opinion" but for some reason it's really bothered you how dumb you think he is just for thinking differently.
It's about as badly formed as the paragraph you just wrote. Dude is a 40 something(ish) man that knows better and if he doesn't it just validates my point even more...................but I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Good use of trying to say he's "thinking differently" he's not and people see right through it. There's a reason he created this thread. It'll be the same reason it gets closed eventually.

I'm not going to get into a back and forth here I simply was responding to Bleedings post. If you guys have an issue/guilty conscience with it PM me and we can talk about it. Otherwise carry on fellas..

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 03-17-2018 at 03:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »