Home

Official 2018 uniform errors and omissions thread

This is a discussion on Official 2018 uniform errors and omissions thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2018, 11:16 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Official 2018 uniform errors and omissions thread

Backpacking on the Phillies discussion; I wish the ‘49 throwbacks had the proper striped stirrups. I wear these uniforms 100% of the time and make everyone on the roster use low-cut stirrups (I have a strict uniform edict). It’d be nice to have some extra color.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:24 AM   #90
Banned

b22gamer's Arena

OVR: 7

What ever happened to adjusting sleeve length?
Old 06-07-2018, 10:24 AM   #91
Pro

MattyIce's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbss29
Yeah, can’t disagree with you on that, but it feels like a coincidence more than a proper plan. Still missing the Sunday hats though. Maybe one day they’ll make it in.

Missing Sunday hats are one of the few things keeping me from buying this game as of now. Somebody change my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 06:21 PM   #92
MVP

Finally got around to at least one of these. Should be doing more soon, fingers crossed...

The Show 18 Miami Marlins Uniforms Errors & Omissions

-Home, Alternate 1, Alternate 2, Road:
-This an error on several teams with similar piping so I'm assuming it's an issue with the template for the uniforms but I'll still post it here so that it's at least pointed out. The collar piping is too close to the players neck. The distance between the collar piping and the players neck should be the same as the distance between the sleeve piping and the players arm. Here's an image comparing it to real life...

-Also there shouldn't be a white dot on the top of the batting helmets...

-Home '93, Road '93, Home '95, Road '95:
This is a color hue and brightness issue but again I think it's worth pointing out. The teal color is too dark and too green. While it is still a blue-green color the real life color was more blue than the in game hue. The in game color is also just too dark even in daylight. And the pinstripes in game are also too dark, in reality they were almost hard to see when the light hits the jersey, in game they look black.

-Home '95:
1995 home batting helmet should be black not teal. Whenever the black cap is used the black helmet was always used with it. The Marlins never wore a teal helmet with a black cap...

-Home '93 & Road '93:
In 1993 the Marlins had an inaugural season patch on their right sleeves...

-Home '93, Road '93, Road '95:
Very minor detail here but when the F logo is on a teal cap it should not have the white outline around the logo. The white outline only appears when the F logo is on a black cap or helmet. This pic also again shows the difference in teal colors...

-Road '95:
The cap should be all black or teal with black brim. The game has an all teal cap which was only a home cap but never worn on the road...

-Road '93 & Road '95:
This is pretty minor while you're actually playing games but I had to point this out because the Marlin fish logo is nearly perfectly rendered on the caps and helmets but it's an odd greenish mohawk wearing fish on the road jerseys. Here's how it looks in game compared to real life. Once again this also shows the difference in the teal color...

That's it for the Marlins. I know I got really picky with a few of these but I'm a Marlins fan since 1993 and so all these errors, even the little ones, are very noticeable to me so I figure if I don't point them out then who will?

Hopefully all of this helps as I feel like the suggestions of this thread last year really helped corrected many errors from last year's game so I'm hoping for the same improvement next year. Thanks!

Last edited by SilverBullet1929; 06-10-2018 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #93
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

The Oakland A’s beautiful kelly greens in the show use a yellow undershirt but in real life I believe they wear a green undershirt with that jersey.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:12 AM   #94
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon
The Oakland A’s beautiful kelly greens in the show use a yellow undershirt but in real life I believe they wear a green undershirt with that jersey.
Most players wear green undershirts with those uniforms, but a handful have opted for gold ones:

Spoiler

Spoiler
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 09-15-2018, 09:13 AM   #95
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcandlestickpark
Most players wear green undershirts with those uniforms, but a handful have opted for gold ones:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Nice find. Didn’t realize that so I guess scratch my last post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2018, 05:22 PM   #96
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I may be the only one that notices stuff like this, but it seems like the game models their jerseys based on replica versions as opposed to authentic jerseys. At least this is the case with the Chicago Cubs. Example... on the Cubs home uniform the blue circle on the Cubs logo has absolutely no white border. The blue circle is thick. Compare the Cubs logo between an authentic jersey and a replica. The replica has a very small white outline outside the blue circle. The game should model the jerseys off of the authentic, obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »