Home

Official 2018 uniform errors and omissions thread

This is a discussion on Official 2018 uniform errors and omissions thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2018, 09:22 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Official 2018 uniform errors and omissions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon
Not really an error but the Seattle Pilots uniforms were removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
As were the Washington Senators uniforms. They said no throwbacks were removed, these two are for sure gone.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:28 PM   #18
MVP

So fyi I feel like this thread works... I was stunned perusing through the uniforms the other day and noticing that almost every uniform error I posted in last year's thread was corrected from big things to little things.

I posted a little known fact that the Yankees didn't wear navy in 1913 and that their 1913 throwbacks needed black caps and logos instead of navy and this was changed! Its hard to even notice the color change but I zoomed in during a replay and it is corrected! Also I said the wordmarks were wrong on the 1913 and 1973 Yankee road jerseys and both were changed. Also I gave feedback on all the confusing Yankee cap and helmet logo problems and all of them were changed to exactly how my post said it should be. Also the style of pinstripes on the shoulders of the 1973 home jersey? Changed as well. Every single Yankee issue I brought up was changed and corrected.

There were also changes made to the Rockies Rays and Marlins that I had posted about in last year's thread.

Not trying to take any credit, I'm only one person and it's possible I had nothing to do with any of it but it's a great feeling knowing we have this thread and the things I mentioned were looked at it.

It feels like we're doing something right here and I want it to continue to be a positive contribution for the game.

On to this year's errors, much less than last year, let's do it...
Old 03-25-2018, 09:53 PM   #19
Rookie

cmcghs's Arena

OVR: 6

Does anyone know of a way to edit the color of undershirts? Unless I am missing something (it would not be the first time), the Rangers' "Home" uniform as seen below is impossible to replicate. The white jersey in The Show is tied to a blue undershirt when in reality it should be red. I can't find a way to edit this. I have even tried selecting the "Alternate 1" jersey in The Show first, which correctly has the red undershirt and then switching the jersey back to the white hoping the undershirt would stay, but I did not have any luck.

I will be pretty disappointed if the Rangers' home uniform is not even in the game correctly. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

NHL: Dallas Stars
Old 03-25-2018, 10:40 PM   #20
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bochte23
1976 Red Sox helmets are wrong. again
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
EDIT : Only the Home 1966 jerseys have the incorrect helmet. This can be corrected however by selecting the 1966 "Road" cap when choosing the uniforms.
Noticed both of these as well. They had the red crown BoSox helmet in a previous edition (pretty sure it was '16) so I don't understand why it's still off this year. And thanks for the tip regarding the '66 Orioles helmet.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:02 PM   #21
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcghs
Does anyone know of a way to edit the color of undershirts? Unless I am missing something (it would not be the first time), the Rangers' "Home" uniform as seen below is impossible to replicate. The white jersey in The Show is tied to a blue undershirt when in reality it should be red. I can't find a way to edit this. I have even tried selecting the "Alternate 1" jersey in The Show first, which correctly has the red undershirt and then switching the jersey back to the white hoping the undershirt would stay, but I did not have any luck.

I will be pretty disappointed if the Rangers' home uniform is not even in the game correctly. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

It can’t be done, the best you do is Alt 1 cap/Home Jersey/ Alt 1 pants. Hopefully in the future they could add the option to select undershirts just like caps/jersey/pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 11:05 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcghs

While I get what you are trying to do that red home jersey is not the Rangers home jersey, it's an alternate. The Rangers home jersey is correct in the game, it's a blue cap, blue socks and undershirt, and white jersey and pants. Sadly there is no way to change the undershirt to red but the home jersey is not wrong, it's that an alternate home uniform combination is not possible.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:59 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Tampa bay is also missing their new 1998 inspired alternate jersey. I know you can use the throwback jersey as an option, since it’s basically the same jersey, but the new hat is missing.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:10 AM   #24
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Arbuckle
Noticed both of these as well. They had the red crown BoSox helmet in a previous edition (pretty sure it was '16) so I don't understand why it's still off this year. And thanks for the tip regarding the '66 Orioles helmet.

What is weird about the Orioles 66 Home is that the bat boys and catchers are wearing the correct helmet. The players have the correct cartoon bird but the bill is black and it should be orange.

There is one other error with the Orioles uniforms that they had, sort of, addressed last year but they changed it back this year. When the O's wear the black alternates at home they wear the home white paneled helmets. On the road when they wear the black alternates they wear the road black/orange helmet. The reason is because they have the helmets tied to the caps. So it is hard to call this an error when it's only an issue due to the set up. The only way they fix it is uploading the road alt "O's" hat as a separate hat and connecting it to the road helmet and doing the same at home and connect it to the home helmet.

By the way, did everyone notice they added the logos back to catchers helmets this year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »