Home

International Free agency should be in RTTS and Franchise

This is a discussion on International Free agency should be in RTTS and Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2018, 06:47 PM   #1
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
International Free agency should be in RTTS and Franchise

Right now in RTTS you can create an International player and you go through the showcase and get drafted. The problem is that international players don't get drafted they get signed as free agents.

Now some people probably don't care. I do for immersion If I create an International player I don't want to get drafted I want to go through what international players do and get signed as an Free Agent by working out in front of various scouts and teams.

Depending on how well you do during these workouts depends how many offers you get and how much money.

Also the international spending pool money that teams have available can also impact you. Some teams might be interested but can only offer you a little bit of money because they have already spent all of their international spending pool money.

This probably won't ever make it to any version of the show but If I create a player from Japan or Korea I want to be posted in the posting system. Teams would compete against each other to outbid the other in order to get the rights to negotiate with you. Then come to terms on a major league contract.

It would also allow us to create 25 year old or older MLB ready players for RTTS. Since Microtransactions are out of the mode we could create a 25 year old MLB ready international player that starts with a 72-75 Overall and gets a spring training invite. Play well in Spring training and make the MLB roster or if you play below expectations you get sent to the Minors.

It would be major addition to Franchise.

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactio...nus-pool-money

Quote:
Each year's international signing period begins July 2 and continues through June 15 of the following year. Under the CBA, international amateurs are defined as follows:
• Player resides outside of the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico and has not been enrolled in high school in any of those locations within the past calendar year.
• Player is at least 16 years of age or will turn 16 years of age prior to Sept. 1 of the current signing period.
Any player meeting that criteria becomes eligible to sign a Minor League contract with a Major League organization for a signing bonus that fits within said team's allotted pool. Players that sign for a total bonus of $10,000 or less do not count against a team's allotted bonus pool.
Foreign professionals -- defined as players who are at least 25 years of age and have played as a professional in a foreign league recognized by Major League Baseball for a minimum of six seasons -- maintain exemption from the international bonus pool.
It could work as an added phase after the MLB draft you get a new phase international Free Agency. You have a budget and after scouting all of these players you decide who you want to sign.

Cuban players would be older but they wouldn't really penalize you in the budget if you sign them.

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactio...a-professional

Quote:
While most international free agents from Latin America sign as amateurs during their teenage years, Cuba has its own top professional league: the Cuban National Series (Serie Nacional). Players with enough experience as a professional in Cuba are exempt from MLB's international bonus pools.
Any player 25 years of age or older with at least six seasons in Serie Nacional is considered a professional rather than an amateur. These players may sign a Major League or Minor League contract with any team for any amount, just as a domestic free agent would, without penalty for the signing team.
I really want to see the posting system for Japanese and Korean players.
http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactio...posting-system
Quote:
Players from Japan's top league -- Nippon Professional Baseball (NPB) -- who do not have the requisite nine years of professional experience to gain international free agency can request to be "posted" for Major League clubs.
Under posting rules that remain in effect through the 2017-2018 offseason, Japanese clubs set a "release fee" -- an amount that NPB clubs must receive in the event an agreement is reached between the player and a Major League club. The maximum release fee that Japanese clubs can set is $20 million, although it can be considerably lower as well. Any Major League club that is willing to meet the designated release fee can negotiate with the player for 30 days after the player is posted, but only the club with which the player signs must pay that release fee. If no agreement is reached, no club pays the release fee and the player returns to his NPB club for the coming season. He cannot be posted again until the following offseason.
New posting rules will be instituted in the 2018-19 offseason. Players will have to be posted between Nov. 1 and Dec. 5, and the 30-day negotiating window will still apply. Under this system, the release fee sent to a Japanese club for a posted player will depend on the guaranteed value of the contract that player signs with a Major League club.
• For Major League contracts with a total guaranteed value of $25 million or less, the release fee will be 20 percent of the total guaranteed value of the contract.
• For Major League contracts with a total guaranteed value between $25,000,001 and $50 million, the release fee will be 20 percent of the first $25 million plus 17.5 percent of the total guaranteed value exceeding $25 million.
• For Major League contracts with a total guaranteed value of $50,000,001 or more, the release fee will be 20 percent of the first $25 million plus 17.5 percent of next $25 million plus 15 percent of the total guaranteed value exceeding $50 million.
• For all Minor League contracts, the release fee will be 25 percent of the signing bonus. For Minor League contracts that contain Major League terms, a supplemental fee will be owed if the player is added to the 25-man roster.
• If a posted player signs a Major League contract that contains bonuses, salary escalators or options, a Japanese team may receive a supplemental fee equal to 15 percent of any bonus or salary escalators actually earned by the player, and/or 15 percent of any option that is exercised.
Add another Phase that takes place in November-December and you have a certain amount of money available. Outbid the other teams if you can afford it in order to be able to negotiate with a player than come to terms with that player with a contract.

Older Asian players who have 9 or more years of experience shouldn't be posted though but should be able to be signed as free agents.
http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactio...a-professional
Quote:
Players that accrue nine years of service time in Japan's Nippon Professional Baseball or the Korea Baseball Organization are considered free agents. Such players are eligible to pursue opportunities in any league, including Major League Baseball, without being subjected to the Korean or Japanese posting systems.
Clubs are able to offer any dollar amount they wish to such players, as they are not subject to international amateur free agency spending restrictions.

Last edited by zello144; 03-18-2018 at 07:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 08:55 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: International Free agency should be in RTTS and Franchise

They definitely need to be incorporated into franchise mode.

A Work in Progress
Old 03-18-2018, 08:58 PM   #3
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

This is just one of the many, many ways they could incorporate more legitimate depth into the game. Thanks to the OP for laying this out.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:13 AM   #4
MVP

zello144's Arena

Shameless bump
Old 12-26-2018, 07:36 AM   #5
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
Shameless bump
Cool idea but bumping your own thread gets it locked almost 100% of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2018, 07:27 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I am hoping

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-27-2018, 01:25 AM   #7
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

This is an addition I have been hoping for for a while. I would love to see any sort of addition that would have players transferring from the KBO to the MLB (and vice-versa) as well as any sort of showcase to facilitate it.

Branching off this and dreaming a bit, the World Baseball Classic would be a welcomed edition/add on as well. I'm sure it could work as a standalone game if it's provided with complete uniforms, all the stadiums they have played at and every player who has participated but again, that might be asking too much. Either way, y'all can't stop me from dreaming.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »