Home

European Gamestops and Early Access

This is a discussion on European Gamestops and Early Access within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2018, 07:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
European Gamestops and Early Access

True lack of infos. I've always bought MLBTS via VG Plus or import but for the first time ever it is available on Gamestop here in Italy. I want the physical version of the game, but i'm scared since it's a totally new game for our GSs. They always had some copies around May or June. Plus the site doesn't mention the early access. European Gamestops have always followed early releases from the US (NBA2K too).

Any clarifications about it? European Gamestops that have the game on schedule for March 27th will release it on March 23rd?

Really don't know what to do. Probably going with VG Plus again.

Are there guys from other countries who have MLB The Show 18 covered by their own GS? In Italy it is covered but the site says "March 27th" without other informations...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2018, 07:46 PM   #2
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Re: European Gamestops and Early Access

People from Euro UK Aus Nz have been screwed this year.. 5 hours after it goes live at midnight in the US.

so it shouldn't be called early access for us should be called 'delayed early access'

I have gone from getting the game at midnight till 8pm Friday 20 hours later, a change Sony decided to make 4 days before release. So if you are going digital just be aware of that. I will be doing the US account again next year not making this change again
Old 03-21-2018, 04:05 AM   #3
Rookie

elfdutch's Arena

Going digital pre-order still means you are getting the game early, as the official release date is the 27th.

Only thing is they indeed delayed it fm midnight to the next morning 10.00.
I get it, they don't want the Europeans having the game earlier than US residents.
Not so much a problem for me, i will just beging playing fridaymorning. I have taken the whole day off.

So, i understand that for some ppl it's a bit dissapointing that they can't play at midnight, but some of the comments are kinda over the top. (in my opinion)
Old 03-21-2018, 06:27 AM   #4
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Every other American sport game release has no
Issue with having the game at midnight, like madden nba nhl ect ect

We have been badly screwed this, my pre download was 5 hours later too sadly it’s actulky going fast for once I should be playing the game in 26 hours time but instead they added another 20 hours on for me. It’s suppose to be World game you know “World Series”

What’s pissed me off is they have given no reason for this and done it 4 days before release, I wouldn’t care if it’s thd same time as the US but 5 hours later ? And not giving a reason ? No such thing as customer service

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »