Home

MLB 18 The Show Trade Discussion

This is a discussion on MLB 18 The Show Trade Discussion within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2018, 05:12 PM   #1817
Rookie

BigChillin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 18 The Show Trade Discussion

Okay so I'm playing as the Atlanta Braves, and I am nearing the All Star Break in a tight Race in the NL east/wildcard. My bullpen just straight up sucks. The Padres are pretty much out of it in the NL West, and I want to make a play for Brad Hand. Obviously the Braves farm system is pretty stacked, but I'm running a 30 man control league, and I want to make a realistic trade for him. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work? I want to go after Hand, because he is a long term arm that I could use as a foundation to build my bullpen up.

I'm willing to part ways with some prospects (especially offensive ones), but this is the first time I've tried to make a trade like this and I really don't know enough to be certain on what would be fair.

Thanks!
Old 06-21-2018, 06:22 PM   #1818
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChillin
Okay so I'm playing as the Atlanta Braves, and I am nearing the All Star Break in a tight Race in the NL east/wildcard. My bullpen just straight up sucks. The Padres are pretty much out of it in the NL West, and I want to make a play for Brad Hand. Obviously the Braves farm system is pretty stacked, but I'm running a 30 man control league, and I want to make a realistic trade for him. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work? I want to go after Hand, because he is a long term arm that I could use as a foundation to build my bullpen up.

I'm willing to part ways with some prospects (especially offensive ones), but this is the first time I've tried to make a trade like this and I really don't know enough to be certain on what would be fair.

Thanks!
There's a Brad Hand to the Yanks trade in the spreadsheet...it was Andujar and Justus Sheffield for Hand.

Andujar surplus is $24.1, and Sheffield is $32.2, so probably something along the lines of one of Gohara or Anderson + Riley? Maybe another piece in there too?
Old 06-22-2018, 12:28 AM   #1819
Rookie

Legaci3's Arena

OVR: 1

What would it take for the Astros to get Merrifield from the Royals. Jose Altuve is injured for the year. Any other info needed I can provide. Thank you in advance for the help.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Operation Sports mobile app

GT: Ahh ToasTy
PSN: StraightOuttaDR
Old 06-22-2018, 10:38 AM   #1820
Rookie

Kahler77's Arena

Hey all was contemplating trading Dietrich in my Marlins chise towards the deadline as I assume I wont be in contention. I saw on here his value is 10M but im getting way higher in the neighborhood of 28M. Ill throw down my math and maybe one of you guys can tell me where i went wrong.

(1.4*0.6)+(2.4*0.3)+(0.3*.1) using 1.59 1.59*3yrs*9 =42.93
=0.84+0.72+0.03
=1.59

He is in first arb year making 2.9M so even if I put his salary for arb year 2 at 4.9 and Arb year 3 and 6.9

42.93-(2.9+4.9+6.9)
42.93-14.7
=28.23 which rounded gets me 28.2

I assume im doing the math right but may be way off any help is appreciated
Old 06-23-2018, 01:00 PM   #1821
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

Using 30 team control but only play as the Yankees.

Cubs and Blue Jays just swapped Ben Zobrist and Randell Grichuk.

Seem fair or should I veto?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2018, 08:27 PM   #1822
Rookie

Kahler77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMan17
Using 30 team control but only play as the Yankees.

Cubs and Blue Jays just swapped Ben Zobrist and Randell Grichuk.

Seem fair or should I veto?
As a fan of the Jays I would have no interest in this trade. Zobrist is owed a significant chunk of change and is bordering on being a negative asset I believe. Grichuk is younger and has control. Jays gave up a pretty good reliever to get him recently so I dont see them moving off of him for Zobrist.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:33 PM   #1823
Rookie

OVR: 2

What value does Robbie Cano have? For the sake of my franchise, let’s ignore the suspension. Is he even tradeable with his contract?

As a Mariners fan, I love how they are performing without him. As a franchise guy, I’d like this team to get younger, plus it’s hard to trade guys I root for but Cano I could live without.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:53 PM   #1824
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt54987
What value does Robbie Cano have? For the sake of my franchise, let’s ignore the suspension. Is he even tradeable with his contract?

As a Mariners fan, I love how they are performing without him. As a franchise guy, I’d like this team to get younger, plus it’s hard to trade guys I root for but Cano I could live without.

If we’re ignoring the suspension, which I don’t really like doing, I’m roughly estimating around 30M in surplus. I’m adjusting for WAR fall off with age.

That’s enough to get you a package built around a 75-100 guy (if ignoring the suspension). Where I think things still get difficult is the relative disinterest teams will have in bringing on Cano’s salary at his age. I think you’re limited to teams like the Yankees, Mets and Dodgers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »