Home

No Season Mode?

This is a discussion on No Season Mode? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2018, 02:43 AM   #33
Rookie

xNeurosiis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No Season Mode?

I don’t play season mode, but the fact it was taken out and NOT mentioned on a stream, or anywhere, is disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-23-2018, 03:51 AM   #34
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown119
I don’t understand the moaning-we have a custom batting stance creator!! (sarcasm)

Truly disappointed by this news. Like a lot of earlier post, time is a factor and I just want to play the games, not dealing with the management side of things.

Lack of competition has truly affected this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not like EA where no one can make a NFL game.
MS can make one, they won't etc..

Be thankful Sony IS making a game otherwise you wouldn't have any...

Would I like choices? Of course but this is a totally different situation.

I'm not sure "competition" would even matter as they had competition and they died...
It's not like The Show has made some great strides in years past when there were other games..
It's always been incremental steps IMO.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 03-23-2018 at 03:54 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:19 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

i never played season mode but i bet this **** is added back in the first patch. inexcusable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 04:33 AM   #36
Rookie

Hi folks. While the option for Season mode is no longer available, there are steps you can take to create a similar experience to it within Franchise mode.
  1. Set the GM Contracts option to OFF in the mode entry options list.
  2. On the Franchise Responsibilities page, set Player Development & GM Tasks to AUTO.
  3. From there, you can control how much or how little you want to control by visiting User Settings > Mode Specific Options to tailor what additional areas you want to control.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:46 AM   #37
Rookie

elfdutch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
It's not like EA where no one can make a NFL game.
MS can make one, they won't etc..

Be thankful Sony IS making a game otherwise you wouldn't have any...

Would I like choices? Of course but this is a totally different situation.

I'm not sure "competition" would even matter as they had competition and they died...
It's not like The Show has made some great strides in years past when there were other games..
It's always been incremental steps IMO.
I am greatful, and i just played a game of '17 and am still amazed at how great it looks and plays.
Don't agree about the competition part though.
The 2k game certainly was not a better one, but the Show took stuff from this game to improve their own. Among which are the play now / play live as well as the stick pitching (although 2k's was better imo).
The show would certainly benefit from having some good and honest competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_SDS
Hi folks. While the option for Season mode is no longer available, there are steps you can take to create a similar experience to it within Franchise mode.
  2. On the Franchise Responsibilities page, set Player Development & GM Tasks to AUTO.
  3. From there, you can control how much or how little you want to control by visiting User Settings > Mode Specific Options to tailor what additional areas you want to control.
Thanks for the heads up, but i'm really curious : why did you guys drop season mode? This is unlike SDS, taking stuff out.
And secondly...why didn't you announce this? Never mind, i know the answer to this one : money.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:48 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_SDS
Solves nothing for those who like to play 29 or 58 game seasons and/or those who play 6-7 inning games. Makes 0 sense how even those 2 small options were erased from this game. Not that difficult to include that in franchise mode. It was simple and convenient.

Some of us hate simming games and having the cpu determine if we win games or not. Its enjoyable and gratifying to know that I played every game and helped my team make the playoffs and win it all.

Its a damn shame too. I was really looking forward to this game. I definitely feel like I just wasted 60 bucks.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:58 AM   #39
Rookie

midnightbottle's Arena

OVR: 10

I enjoyed season mode in 1995. may wanna try a mode that more then like one percent of people play.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2018, 05:03 AM   #40
Rookie

xNeurosiis's Arena

No Season Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNewYorkMadex
Its a damn shame too. I was really looking forward to this game. I definitely feel like I just wasted 60 bucks.

And that’s the thing, if they at least said, and made it clear before the game released, that season mode wasn’t in it, then the customers could’ve made an informed decision and decide if it was worth it to spend $60+ on the game this year.

However, since they didn’t say anything about it before release, people are now stuck with a game they may have not wanted to purchase had they known season mode was released. And because you can’t return opened games at most retail stores (Best Buy, Target, GameStop, etc), you’re stuck either selling it on eBay or Craigslist, or trading it at GameStop.

It’s not even the fact that the mode was removed (although I know it sucks for those that enjoy it), but rather, the fact it was taken out without letting the customer know.

I don’t even play season mode (I’m a franchise guy), and I can see how wrong, and underhanded this whole debacle is.

Shame on you SDS for not letting the customer make an informed decision, and allowing them to waste money on a product in which a mode was taken out. There’s no way to know if it was taken out or not beforehand, unless you sat on your purchase and waiting for other people to find out first. You dropped the ball on this one.

Edit: All of this just makes me think, more and more, that they (SDS) really are just going the way of EA and their UT modes. More gets added to DD and, to a lesser degree, RttS, and yet we only see small, incremental improvements to the other modes. I just looked on YouTube, and 90% of The Show 18 videos (hell, The Show videos in general) are nothing but people opening packs, and showing what cards they’ve got. I get that’s how it is with UT modes, but the fact that these money-grabbing modes aren’t allowing anything to be added to the other modes (besides RttS) is total BS.

Yes, I’m thankful for all the other improvements to the game, and what the team has done that is a positive, or falls within items that add to the game in some way (better colors, better CAP, better logic, etc), but it’s disheartening to see DD take center stage over the last 5 years or so, and also demolish any other stages in its wake.

Last edited by xNeurosiis; 03-23-2018 at 05:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »