Home

MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2018, 02:20 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidi29
Haven't bought the game but watching some streams. Don't like the way they're hiding free agency signings in the offseason. You have to go into transactions and tab over into signings to see who you signed, whether it's your own guys or a true free agent. If it's the latter and they go to another team, it's really difficult to find where they went - you have to scroll through the complete list and try to hunt it down.

In previous years, it would pop up in a text box on your screen after every day you sim.

For a game that is all about making Franchise more streamlined and in-your-face, this seems counter-intuitive.

Also don't like how you can't do the renew/tender contracts before you do some of the others. I get them separating the two to make it easier to manage but let us do it all at once. I like signing my minor league prospects/depth before anything else.
Yeah, that part drives me bananas. Wish they had left that bit alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 02:59 PM   #42
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Soon as the OSFM drops and Acuna gets added, I'm rolling with the Braves.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

Old 03-24-2018, 07:23 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 3

Well even though I'm not a big fan of their stadium, i have decided to go with the Rays as my franchise team.

It's incredibly hard to pass up that Mallex Smith, Kevin Kiermaier, and Carlos Gomez outfield. Talk about a No Fly Zone.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:37 AM   #44
Rookie

xNeurosiis's Arena

MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

Started my Angels franchise today. Actually dived into the scouting since I saw a streamer explaining it today and it seemed interesting and fun. I don’t know if I’ll keep this franchise since a new roster update is more than likely coming out for Opening Day (can someone confirm if the OD roster comes out ON Opening Day, or somewhere around it?), which will have Arrieta on the Phillies, and the other recent FA signings.

Idk if it’s coincidence, or the last roster update, but in my franchise I saw Colon was on waivers from the Rangers, and that just happened in real life. Also saw Pablo Sandoval on waivers too.

Edit: might as well talk about the actual team I’m fielding.

Lineup is:
2B Kinsler
CF Trout
LF Upton
1B Pujols
RF Calhoun
3B Cozart
DH Marte (might switch out for C. Young - only DH’ing Ohtani against rightys, not sure how pitching affects his energy for position playing)
SS Simmons
C Maldonado

Starting rotation is:
Richards
Ohtani
Heaney
Shoemaker
Skaggs

They had Skaggs as a RP in the roster update, so I switched him back to a SP. Otherwise, I like the rotation.

Bullpen:
LR Alex Meyer
MR Keynan Middleton
MR Jose Alvarez
MR Blake Wood
SU Jim Johnson
SU Cam Bedrosian
CP Blake Parker

Eventually I’ll have to find a new closer and shore up the bullpen.

Last edited by xNeurosiis; 03-25-2018 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:35 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 12

Started my franchise with my Tigers. Started out 6-1. Starting pitching has been really good. Bullpen has it's ups and downs. Victor Martinez (God I love his swing) hit 5 home runs in the first 6 games. Leonys Martin had a 3 HR game (4 overall) Getting clutch hitting and good starting pitching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 01:40 AM   #46
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Soon as the OSFM drops and Acuna gets added, I'm rolling with the Braves.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
+1 #ChopOn
Old 03-25-2018, 09:24 AM   #47
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Were competitive balance draft picks in before? And did the amount of rounds drop from 10 to 6? I guess this is to keep players from retiring early.
They mentioned that the draft frequently didn't have enough players for the later rounds so they fixed that. I didn't realise their version of "fixing" was just lowering the amount of rounds, as I don't see how that makes any difference at all? I presumed they'd just add more bad draftees to fill out the later rounds
Old 03-25-2018, 10:26 AM   #48
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

I have already cleared my total time with this game from 17 in just over 2 days... lol.

was really on the fence going in on how to get this gong. did several fantasy drafts but just wasn't feeling it this year. So went with default well live roster Oakland A's. Went with the fisheye camera this year. wow, I love it maybe I would have played much more last year if I would have given it a chance. anyway.....

got the game going on the dynamic difficulty to start. Now 11 games in am on full on veteran/veteran. been an up and down start due to my lack of vision and patience at the plate.

did, however, beat the Dodgers in our first game agast them to end their perfect start to their season at 10-0. Right now I am 1.5 games back of Texas who really took it to me in the second series of the year.

Right now I am 7-5 and am second in the AL West.

I think I am thinking about bringing Fowler up and sending Boog Powell down due to his inability to hit anything from the leadoff spot. Actually, I think I could bring up the other AAA CF I have who better than both of them in a lot of areas of the game. His name is Joesph Borowitz. yeah, I will pull the trigger on that move right now before I go to bed... I do work nights right now so I have to conk out during the day...

good luck to all of us this year... may we all be champions in the end of this thing...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »