Home

PS4 Pro 1080p Video Thread

This is a discussion on PS4 Pro 1080p Video Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2018, 05:56 PM   #41
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 Pro 1080p Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I was browsing his channel and didn't see a video for the KS8000.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
He in another country the models are different over there. See if you can look at pics or shoot him a message he responds usually.

Donations on Cashapp: mlbnetworkleague

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 06:00 PM   #42
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

I see a lot of people talking about using game mode... I have multiple Samsung TV's in 1080p and 4k, but I always set them to PC mode. I've spent countless hours adjusting the colors and stuff, but PC mode stops all of the post processing stuff and lowers the input lag as much as possible. I was just wandering if anyone else uses PC mode as well?
Old 03-25-2018, 06:07 PM   #43
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drty_Windshield
I see a lot of people talking about using game mode... I have multiple Samsung TV's in 1080p and 4k, but I always set them to PC mode. I've spent countless hours adjusting the colors and stuff, but PC mode stops all of the post processing stuff and lowers the input lag as much as possible. I was just wandering if anyone else uses PC mode as well?
PC Mode will likely perform better than Game Mode when it comes to input lag. They normally limit a lot of things that you can do with calibration, though. Mine also had an unsettling kind of flicker that my eyes couldn't tolerate on my plasma.

If you got the right calibration set for yours, then you're probably well off still using it.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-25-2018, 07:45 PM   #44
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
I have been back and forth on the HDR on or off thing myself with 18. I just feel like the picture looks like it has a haze over it with HDR on in 18.

Here are two screenshots I took in RTTS. Top one is HDR on and bottom one is HDR off. What do you guys think? I also have Game Mode on. I have a Samsung KS8000.

Top one for sure. Look at the top left of the picture. With HDR off, it just looks like a white blur. With HDR on, you can distinctly see the lights, the cloud behind it, and the sky around the cloud.

HDR isn't as big of a deal as electronics manufacturers make it out to be. There is actually a lot of lying and deception about HDR because companies want it to be the next "it" thing to buy. Truth be told when they do those side to side comparisons in the store, the display showing non-HDR content has the contrast turned way down just so the HDR display looks better by comparison.

Electronics manufacturers want to tell you that HDR will make your screen look "more vibrant" because that's a buzzword that helps sell stuff, but fact of the matter is that opening up the brightness delta in a picture will just as often make colours look washed out or muted, because that's what happens in real life.

I totally get finding non-HDR content preferable, limiting the brightness delta really lets those colours pop, and is a technique used by artists and photographers to get that "better than real life" look. However, HDR is superior technology, and while you might not like the look of it as much, it will give you a truer result, especially around those little details like in the top left of those photos.

Last edited by TheWarmWind; 03-25-2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:10 PM   #45
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

I have a 1080p set so I go with faster as I always go with the best framerate option. The game still look's beautiful. Also when people are installing the game for the first time the framerate is jittery while playing the demo game. I think it's better to wait til it's fully installed before you decide what work's best for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 10:38 PM   #46
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

Earlier I mentioned that I was going to play on faster, but I've played a few games today on balanced and haven't really noticed much of a difference in frame rate during the cut scenes. The game does look slightly better on balanced though, especially the shadows.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:29 PM   #47
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
That's the thing though. It looks better in the screenshot than it actually does on the TV. I just wonder if the HDR mode for this game doesn't work properly or something.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
It works fine. Just varies on TV. Ovbiosuly you have one of the best gaming TVs for HDR but just play around with settings.

I promise, my game looks 100x better this year with HDR than last year. Last year was a headache.

Of course I have the Sony x800 43" and its so damn beautiful with HDR. Without it, everything is so flat after seeing it with HDR.

edit::

Wanted to add it actually works better this year because you can actually turn HDR on and off inside the settings and it works IN GAME. Last year left you with some ugly side effects.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 03-25-2018 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:17 AM   #48
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

I have a 1080p TV, So I should turn off Super sampling mode, correct?

And use the Faster option in the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »