Home

PS4 Pro 1080p Video Thread

This is a discussion on PS4 Pro 1080p Video Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2018, 07:32 AM   #1
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

What do my fellow 1080p PS4 Pro users think of the video settings this year? Last year, High Framerate Mode was our bread and better, but this year I'm not sure yet. From my very limited testing so far, "Balanced" mode seems just about as smooth. So it is worth it for the enhanced visuals or are you guys still going with the "Faster" mode?

Also, is it a good idea to turn Super Sampling on? Does make enough difference or just hurt the framerate? Haven't experimented with it yet, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 08:14 AM   #2
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: PS4 Pro 1080p Video Thread

The Supersampling with balanced seemed to be the best option at least for me. It really looks so good on the Pro I am so glad I moved over. Everything is really smooth and the frame rate is silky smooth , I am impressed to say the least. SDS did a great job.IMO
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 03-23-2018, 08:22 AM   #3
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
The Supersampling with balanced seemed to be the best option at least for me. It really looks so good on the Pro I am so glad I moved over. Everything is really smooth and the frame rate is silky smooth , I am impressed to say the least. SDS did a great job.IMO

Right on. I'll try turning Supersampling on then.

Also noticed my fan was running harder and making more noise than usual, but then looked over and saw my wife had a stack of magazines sitting on top of my Pro , so that could be all it was. I shut it down for now, but I'll keep an eye on it.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:54 PM   #4
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

OVR: 0

Ive got supersampling on with the faster setting. It looks good enough to me that I'm not worried about any further improvements.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:25 PM   #5
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Has anyone tried taking screenshots to compare Faster vs Balanced on 1080p? I'm curious how much noticeable difference there really is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 02:28 PM   #6
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Supersampling will only work on resolutions above 1080p. If you are using the faster (HFR) mode, then it is just that. 1080p with locked 60fps.

If the second mode (I think balanced?) is used, then the higher resolution will get a slight improvement on 1080p sets due to the supersampling. If the frame-rate is pretty much the same as the faster mode, then roll with that all day long.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:42 PM   #7
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Are there are tools available that can show you what FPS you're getting at any given time? I assume that's a developer only tool, but thought I'd ask.

Would be interested to see the frame count and how it changes during different gameplay scenes.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:45 PM   #8
Rookie

xNeurosiis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Supersampling will only work on resolutions above 1080p. If you are using the faster (HFR) mode, then it is just that. 1080p with locked 60fps.

If the second mode (I think balanced?) is used, then the higher resolution will get a slight improvement on 1080p sets due to the supersampling. If the frame-rate is pretty much the same as the faster mode, then roll with that all day long.

Correct, but the framerate does take a dip in 1440p mode. Go into a replay and you’ll see the difference when you move the camera around with the right stick. Much more choppy.

Edit: if you’re on a 1080p display, there’s no discernible difference in graphical fidelity you’ll see that makes it worth taking a hit in framerate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »