Home

Old 03-23-2018, 02:28 PM   #9
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Met
Was the volume an issue last year out of the box? I don’t remember that far back.
It’s almost always an issue lol. We make the SOTS packs based off last year. We basically want to have something for people to use at launch and roll the dice hoping it’s the same as last year but it never is. If changing the track volume works its an easy fix and I’m honestly not worried in that regard.

What I am more concerned with is that I have yet to hear a base hit track play and the biggest problem is the overlapping sounds. If that can’t be fixed it literally makes all the team sounds useless. All the chants and jeers useless. Walk ups, pitcher entrances, homerun music, and inning music should be fine but everything else would be wrecked.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:33 PM   #10
Banned

Mr_Met's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
It’s almost always an issue lol. We make the SOTS packs based off last year. We basically want to have something for people to use at launch and roll the dice hoping it’s the same as last year but it never is. If changing the track volume works its an easy fix and I’m honestly not worried in that regard.

What I am more concerned with is that I have yet to hear a base hit track play and the biggest problem is the overlapping sounds. If that can’t be fixed it literally makes all the team sounds useless. All the chants and jeers useless. Walk ups, pitcher entrances, homerun music, and inning music should be fine but everything else would be wrecked.

Makes sense. You guys do great work with those packs.

Did SCEA actually patch the sound issue last year or did you guys have to adjust the volume to fix the problem?
Old 03-23-2018, 04:11 PM   #11
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

The music I tried to add to my game didn't actually make it to the jukebox editor. Do I have to do something else to import the songs? I feel like (and hope) this is just an error or oversight on my part because the game doesn't feel the same without SOTS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 09:28 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 6

So are SOS working correctly?
Old 03-24-2018, 12:10 AM   #13
Banned

Mr_Met's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
So are SOS working correctly?
Depends what you mean. The loading of songs into SOTS is working fine for me. The issue that everyone seems to be experiencing is once you play a game. The music plays at a level so low it’s like SCEA was worried about waking up a sleeping giant. It’s useless at the moment.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:52 AM   #14
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Met
Depends what you mean. The loading of songs into SOTS is working fine for me. The issue that everyone seems to be experiencing is once you play a game. The music plays at a level so low it’s like SCEA was worried about waking up a sleeping giant. It’s useless at the moment.
Good news and bad news

Good news: I ran the jays music through mp3 gain and raised the tracks to 100db and the music volume is great now so the volume is an easy fix.

Bad news: The reverb is not good at all and it's even more noticeable when the music is louder lol. There is a fix to this. you can add reverb in goldwave but there is a major downside. If they end up fixing it after we add reverb they will sound horrible. A possible scenario is when we make a file we save it twice 1 with reverb 1 without which really isn't that big a deal.

The overlapping music and basehit music not playing can't be fixed on my end and unfortunately it's even overlapping during walk ups. I'm thinking the cheers and jeers might be a no go until it's fixed which seriously sucks.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:59 AM   #15
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

I ran the blue jays pack thru reverb in goldwave then pumped the gain up to 100 decibels and tested it and with the sound settings the same in the picture they sound almost perfect now. Reverb is appropriate now too with that setting to on. I am waiting for a reply from lowlight but if he sees the same thing I have from the fix I can start running the packs thru and it shouldn't take long to get them back up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 29060278_10213307836545128_4657085300424297942_o.jpg (142.6 KB, 53 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 10:30 AM   #16
Banned

Mr_Met's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Good news and bad news

Good news: I ran the jays music through mp3 gain and raised the tracks to 100db and the music volume is great now so the volume is an easy fix.

Bad news: The reverb is not good at all and it's even more noticeable when the music is louder lol. There is a fix to this. you can add reverb in goldwave but there is a major downside. If they end up fixing it after we add reverb they will sound horrible. A possible scenario is when we make a file we save it twice 1 with reverb 1 without which really isn't that big a deal.

The overlapping music and basehit music not playing can't be fixed on my end and unfortunately it's even overlapping during walk ups. I'm thinking the cheers and jeers might be a no go until it's fixed which seriously sucks.

Cujo,

Would you mind linking me to the MP3 Gain software you use? I downloaded one for Mac and the most it will let me increase is to 99DB. I ran a bunch of songs through it and re-uploaded them into the game. I'm not noticing any difference at all in the sound. It's very possible the software I downloaded isn't the right one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »