Home

PS4 Pro 4K Video Thread

This is a discussion on PS4 Pro 4K Video Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2018, 02:38 PM   #41
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 Pro 4K Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Awesome. I'll have to look at the TV settings tonight when I get home. I bought the TV from a co-worker, and he didn't have the box/manuals.
Ok great just let me know. I don't use HDR on the TV itself, but I started out in Movie mode and got that calibrated. Then from there I switch it to game mode and calibrated those settings there. Like you my TV is 3 modes. Sports, Game and HDR. I chose game mode.

Then on PS4 settings turn HDR on there with everything else Auto.

Then on the game itself turn on HDR there with Faster on. Others may not agree but with my settings and setup makes the game look beautiful.
I did try Balanced and the other one but for me it just looks and plays so much better on Faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2018, 02:45 PM   #42
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
If you adjust the settings properly HDR with game mode looks fantastic. Go back a few pages and I posted a video on proper settings for all. Some actually recommend turning game mode on when using HDR on a gaming console as the colors get washed out if not using game mode.

At first some will find the game too dark with HDR working properly as you eyes have gotten used to the vibrant, unnatural colors. I'll try to post a picture of my TV later tonight but honestly it will not do it any justice.

I played with hdr on by default. Looks fantastic. I took hdr off, and everything looked way too bright. Almost neon. I think with proper settings, hdr looks amazing. People need to YouTube how to calibrate their TVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-28-2018, 07:23 PM   #43
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
Ok great just let me know. I don't use HDR on the TV itself, but I started out in Movie mode and got that calibrated. Then from there I switch it to game mode and calibrated those settings there. Like you my TV is 3 modes. Sports, Game and HDR. I chose game mode.

Then on PS4 settings turn HDR on there with everything else Auto.

Then on the game itself turn on HDR there with Faster on. Others may not agree but with my settings and setup makes the game look beautiful.
I did try Balanced and the other one but for me it just looks and plays so much better on Faster.
Model # - UN55MU6300
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-29-2018, 01:27 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 14

Don't forget to turn on any HDMI sync settings in all the gear. Every manufacturer calls it something different. If you do, it will make your gear communicate and automatically detect HDR etc.

Also check the HDMI settings for black level...either full/full on both or automatic/automatic if the above is done.

And honestly if you think HDR is washed out or doesn't look as good, it's probably a setting mismatch or your TV just isn't a really strong HDR capable TV. It will never look "worse". The Show has really good lightning and use of shadows.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:45 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Don't forget to turn on any HDMI sync settings in all the gear. Every manufacturer calls it something different. If you do, it will make your gear communicate and automatically detect HDR etc.

Also check the HDMI settings for black level...either full/full on both or automatic/automatic if the above is done.

And honestly if you think HDR is washed out or doesn't look as good, it's probably a setting mismatch or your TV just isn't a really strong HDR capable TV. It will never look "worse". The Show has really good lightning and use of shadows.
I have one of the best TVs for HDR gaming (Samsung KS8000) and no matter what I do with settings the game looks worse on my screen with HDR on. It literally looks like a light haze is covering the screen.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 07:25 AM   #46
Rookie

hazelhood19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I have one of the best TVs for HDR gaming (Samsung KS8000) and no matter what I do with settings the game looks worse on my screen with HDR on. It literally looks like a light haze is covering the screen.

I have same tv. Everything looks great on my end. And it did last year too. Did you have any problems last year with HDR?

Old 03-29-2018, 07:32 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelhood19
I have same tv. Everything looks great on my end. And it did last year too. Did you have any problems last year with HDR?

Since you have the same TV could you PM me all your settings so I can test them on mine?

Old 03-29-2018, 10:38 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13

Does your TV have a settting in the video options to manually enable/disable HDR? Maybe try cycling off and back to on (while keeping HDR on in the game)..see if it triggers it.

Do you run the ps4 thru an AVR?

Does your TV automatically adjust the backlight to max like it should for HDR? Do you have a local dimming setting on tv that should be on medium or high? If you still have '18 can you try that to see if it's better?

I'll look into your TV when I get a chanve...it should work well with that model.

Can you take a screenshot? Normally a hazy washed out look means an HDMI handshake issue. Like it's sending a normal signal to TV and the TV is expanding the range, instead of receiving and playing HDR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »