Home

MLB 18 Manage Only Mode

This is a discussion on MLB 18 Manage Only Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2018, 08:49 PM   #65
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 18 Manage Only Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Haven't seen one either, now into franchise year 2
I'm thinking it isn't a option in MoM

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2018, 10:36 PM   #66
MVP

For some reason I have seen zero injuries in manage mode during games. I have injuries set to on - default sliders - zero injuries. In sim I have injuries in my minor league teams but I've played 160 games in manage mode simming no games and not a single injury during a game.

Has anybody else seen this? If you did you figure out a way to correct it? I don't want inordinate numbers of injuries but I don't want zero either.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:51 PM   #67
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
For some reason I have seen zero injuries in manage mode during games. I have injuries set to on - default sliders - zero injuries. In sim I have injuries in my minor league teams but I've played 160 games in manage mode simming no games and not a single injury during a game.

Has anybody else seen this? If you did you figure out a way to correct it? I don't want inordinate numbers of injuries but I don't want zero either.
I've had injuries occur in prior games, but not this year.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:17 AM   #68
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl

I'm through May in my manage mode with injuries on 7 and I've had a few minor league injuries and a couple pregame injuries but that's it. The pregame injuries haven't amounted to anything more then out for the game and a 1-6 day injury. The rest of the league looks great as far as injuries go.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:20 AM   #69
MVP

forme95's Arena

Tessl, how did your stats turn out with default now that you finished the season?

Old 10-10-2018, 12:25 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Tessl, how did your stats turn out with default now that you finished the season?

I didn't play 160 games on the most recent patch so it's not an accurate outcome because of the major changes to gameplay as each patch tweaked things but overall I like the final patch. Previously offense was lacking. Now if anything offense might be a little overpowered but I like the game on default sliders.

It's a major challenge to get the game to play accurately but I think this is about as close as they can get it.

If I was going to give a tip it would be to avoid hitters who are excessive pull hitters because balls down the line nearly always curve foul. Focus on acquiring good hitters who hit to all fields.

I'm getting the same thing as you regarding injuries. Pregame and sim only. Nothing during the game. I wonder why they changed it. Guess I'll file a bug report.

update: I submitted a bug report for injuries. I doubt there will be any more patches this year but maybe mlbts 19 will have it fixed.

Last edited by tessl; 10-10-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:47 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've had some in game injuries. I have injuries set to 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2018, 11:11 AM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1903
I've had some in game injuries. I have injuries set to 10.
I might try that. Normally I adjust zero sliders. I'd be worried with the slider at 10 there would be too many injuries.

One frustrating thing about the show is sometimes things which were fine previously are broken upon release of the newest version of the game. Along with injuries another example is sacrifice bunts. Beginning with the show 18 if the cpu expects a sacrifice bunt in manage mode the user controlled hitter will not swing at a pitch. The user is forced to sacrifice even if he prefers to have the hitter swing away. Previously if the corners came in looking for a sacrifice the batter would do a normal at bat if you didn't order a bunt.

I wonder if the developers while testing the game sometime turn switches on and off to force a certain situation and then forget to change it back prior to final release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »