Home

MLB 18 Manage Only Mode

This is a discussion on MLB 18 Manage Only Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2018, 06:24 PM   #1
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB 18 Manage Only Mode

I havent seen a Manage thread yet, so I thought I'd start one for 18 for us Manage guys.

Only played one game, but a lot more offense then in previous years. There isnt enough pop off the bat in my opinion but I currently have everything on default. First game, Indians @ Seattle, won 6- 4. Even saw a couple errors for both teams. OOTB this years version is on fire. I love it.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

Last edited by forme95; 03-23-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 08:48 PM   #2
Pro

Re: MLB 18 Manage Only Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I havent seen a Manage thread yet, so I thought I'd start one for 18 for us Manage guys.

Only played one game, but a lot more offense then in previous years. There isnt enough pop off the bat in my opinion but I currently have everything on default. First game, Indians @ Seattle, won 6- 4. Even saw a couple errors for both teams. OOTB this years version is on fire. I love it.

Only played one so far last years carry over using my sliders from last year and lost 9-0 to Rockies.Also LOVE OOTB this year will likely play a lot more then The Show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks
Old 03-23-2018, 10:39 PM   #3
MVP

The game is much improved from last year. Ball spin dynamics is better, infielders aren't supermen like last year, more offense in the game but not overdone.

If I was going to pick out a few things I'd adjust:

Bunts are too hard and I'm sure will be patched

Too many HBP which could become an injury problem

Bullpen AI has the cpu teams going to the bullpen early - IRL would result in wearing down the bullpen.

The positives far outweigh those minor things. I don't know about the other modes but in manage mode this is the best game they have produced.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:34 AM   #4
Rookie

I'm experimenting with NOMO's sliders from last year. Too small a sample size to say definitively, but it seems close so far. He does such a great job with these that I'm hoping he'll be back to it again. Manage Mode is really all I play. Loving it so far in this version.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:13 AM   #5
MVP

forme95's Arena

I've played a few more games, and I am not liking pitchers stamina as yet. SP are going to deep. 7 - 8 innings a game, and simmed games, through 3 days, have seen 5 complete games. Not liking that, but it is still early. The only thing I think so far I would change besides something with stamina is, maybe fielding being a 4/4. Other then that, this game thus far (before osfm rosters, patches, etc) feels great ootb.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 09:01 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I've played a few more games, and I am not liking pitchers stamina as yet. SP are going to deep. 7 - 8 innings a game, and simmed games, through 3 days, have seen 5 complete games. Not liking that, but it is still early. The only thing I think so far I would change besides something with stamina is, maybe fielding being a 4/4. Other then that, this game thus far (before osfm rosters, patches, etc) feels great ootb.
I've seen a mixture. In one game I saw the starter go deep but twice I saw the cpu pull the starter after 4 innings. I think it depends on whether the team is winning or losing and probably whether you are using the DH. I always turn off the DH when I set up my franchise. When trailing with no DH the cpu tends to pinch hit for the pitcher earlier than last year.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:40 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 2

I am not happy that SDS turfed Season mode meaning I could not carry forward the existing season I had going in MLB 17 and I know I said I was not going to be playing MLB 18 MoM games. But I had a change of heart. I think MLB 17 while not perfect still played very well. But to stay in MLB 17 meant I was missing out of many of the features I bought the MLB 18 game for. So I decided to start a MLB 18 MoM Season ... err ... Franchise and I will be playing MoM games for my team (the Rockies) and all other games on the schedule will be CPU vs CPU Fast Play non-QC games. If it takes me 2 real world years to complete this season it will take me 2 years and it very well could take 2 possibly more years because lately I have also gotten into RTTS where I will have a pitcher save file and a shortstop save file.

Basically when I am at home but need to be doing something else around the house I will have a CPU vs CPU game going (on average they take about 1 hour to complete) and then I am just going to need to alternate between my MoM games and my two RTTS character games. LOL ... I certainly think I am looking at a multi real world commitment in years here before my RTTS character will ever make it to the Show. But this thread is about MoM game play and I don't want to miss out on the changes to MLB 18 in my MoM games. So I am back.

Play Ball

Last edited by My993C2; 03-24-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:49 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I am not happy that SDS turfed Season mode meaning I could not carry forward the existing season I had going in MLB 17 and I know I said I was not going to be playing MLB 18 MoM games. But I had a change of heart. I think MLB 17 while not perfect still played very well. But to stay in MLB 17 meant I was missing out of many of the features I bought the MLB 18 game for. So I decided to start a MLB 18 MoM Season ... err ... Franchise and I will be playing MoM games for my team (the Rockies) and all other games on the schedule will be CPU vs CPU Fast Play non-QC games. If it takes me 2 real world years to complete this season it will take me 2 years and it very well could take 2 possibly more years because lately I have also gotten into RTTS where I will have a pitcher save file and a shortstop save file.

Basically when I am at home but need to be doing something else around the house I will have a CPU vs CPU game going (on average they take about 1 hour to complete) and then I am just going to need to alternate between my MoM games and my two RTTS character games. LOL ... I certainly think I am looking at a multi real world commitment in years here before my RTTS character will ever make it to the Show. But this thread is about MoM game play and I don't want to miss out on the changes to MLB 18 in my MoM games. So I am back.

Play Ball

Glad to here.I will be following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »