Home

Huge Flaw in RTTS

This is a discussion on Huge Flaw in RTTS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2018, 05:05 PM   #17
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Huge Flaw in RTTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
Based on "game development," in general, the changes were decided on two or three years ago, and they slowly implement aspects over multiple years. They didn't decide last year in June this would happening.

Now, when did they start to code and make a build for the changes? I assume the changes being created were a part of the normal annual development. It's clear they created and added the archetypes, but left in the old position change/call up to AAA and MLB logic.

It's been done piecemeal and done poorly. It shows and the game has been hurt by it. They say all the time RTTS is their most popular mode. Right now they have aot of unhappy people.

I'm not enjoying RTTS this year. It's a mode I spend a fair amount of time playing, but if it stays like it is now, I'm not sure I'll play too much. I'd like to have more control over things. As a rule in life I absolutely struggle with all things arbitrary, so despite this mode not being exactly arbitrary I'm pretty much not interested as I have less control than I'd like.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:10 PM   #18
Banned

BegBy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomnova
The fact I have ran through 3 seasons and I have done every training + special practice tells me there is either a bug in the system or SDS is pulling legs or they made the training very very rare. Which is not a smart design decision. I was trying to get an idea of when a choice for a new pitch was going to be offered and how they are decided due to some of the rarer pitches like the circle change not being common and if it goes by some type of tutor then you would be better off selecting those types of pitches off the bat as opposed to the usual pitch types seen.

I'm not being argumentative at all, but why is the circle change rare? It's probably the most common changeup in baseball. I'd say more guys pitch a circle change than just about any change, and I'd say guys focus on changeups pretty heavily.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:17 PM   #19
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I'm not enjoying RTTS this year. It's a mode I spend a fair amount of time playing, but if it stays like it is now, I'm not sure I'll play too much. I'd like to have more control over things. As a rule in life I absolutely struggle with all things arbitrary, so despite this mode not being exactly arbitrary I'm pretty much not interested as I have less control than I'd like.
It seems like they made growth harder, to make your "road to the show," longer. Not getting a base hit shouldn't take attributes away. Leave me my points, just don't give me any.

I hit a walk off grandslam. Did I get anything extra? Nope, same next to nothing I earn if it was a double or single with one rbi.

I appreciate them trying something new. Growth was too quick before. But they destroyed the fun and "personalized," feel the mode had. I cared about the players I created. Now, they are just a guy I endure the nonsense with. The connection you have with player you create for this fun journey is totally gone.

Is that because of the boring grind? Is it because I'm forced into a mold not created in my image? Is it something else? I can't answer right now, and might not ever be able to. I will quit playing before the answer reveals itself

Last edited by BearsNVA; 03-25-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:23 PM   #20
Banned

BegBy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
It seems like they made growth harder, to make your "road to the show," longer. Not getting a base hit shouldn't take attributes away. Leave me my points, just don't give me any.

I hit a walk off grandslam. Did I get anything extra? Nope, same next to nothing I earn if it was a double or single with one rbi.

I appreciate them trying something new. Growth was too quick before. But they destroyed the fun and "personalized," feel the mode had. I cared about the players I created. Now, they are just a guy I endure the nonsense with. The connection you have with player you create for this fun journey is totally gone.

Is that because of the boring grind? Is it because I'm forced into a mold not created in my image? Is it something else? I can't answer right now, and might not ever be able to. I will quit playing before the answer reveals itself
^This

10 char
Old 03-25-2018, 05:26 PM   #21
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

It sounds like if you bring an RttS player from '17, RttS is ok. If you make a new player, it's unbearable and an arduous task to play. '18 for RttS sounds like they were not able to add Single A and/or Rookie ball to make the grind to the Majors longer so they did this instead. I'm not sure I agree with it. RttS for me right now is fine because I have three players I brought along. I'm not so sure I will be starting one in '18 from the sounds of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 05:26 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark547
So you don't decide to work on a new pitch??? How is that realisitic??
How is this unrealistic? Please educate me, I am new to RTTS and I have never played real world baseball at an elite level. But one would think that if this was real, I know it's a stretch, that our pitching coaches who have a vested interest in our development would want us to become proficient in what is currently in our tool boxes before we go adding new stuff.

It sounds like the people bringing up the problems around being cast into the DH role have a grip and perhaps there is a problem in the game around power hitters. Is this only occurring on AL organizations? But there two solutions for pitchers.

1) Show some patience, play the games, put in your time and the training opportunity should present itself when our virtual pitching coaches think we are ready.

2) Create a pitcher in MLB 17 that has everything you want and port him over to 18.

I thought RTTS was about the journey not the end destination. I am looking forward to long hard grind through the minor leagues. In my brief time playing MLB 17 RTTS, I found I was progressing too easily. I made it to AAA in less than 10 games if you ignore the 5 games they asked me to be a closer.

So I just wanted you folks to know that apparently there is a way to add new pitch types because I was concerned when it was brought up here and I was prepared to create a pitcher with 4 pitch types in MLB 17. But now that I know I should be presented with the opportunity sometime down the road. I am not worried. I am in no rush to build a MLB Hall of Fame pitcher before next week.

Last edited by My993C2; 03-25-2018 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:31 PM   #23
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
How is this unrealistic? Please educate me, I am new to RTTS and I have never played real world baseball at an elite level. But one would think that if this was real, I know it's a stretch, that our pitching coaches who have a vested interest in our development would want us to become proficient in what is currently in our tool boxes before we go adding new stuff before we are ready.

It sounds like the people bringing up the problems around being cast into the DH role have a grip and perhaps there is a problem in the game around power hitters. Is this only occurring on AL organizations? But there two solutions for pitchers.

1) Show some patience, play the games, put in your time and the training opportunity should present itself when our virtual pitching coaches think we are ready.

2) Create a pitcher in MLB 17 that has everything you want and port him over to 18.

I thought RTTS was about the journey not the end destination. I am looking forward to long hard grind through the minor leagues. In my brief time playing MLB 17 RTTS, I found I was progressing too easily. I made it to AAA in less than 10 games if you ignore the 5 games they asked me to be a closer.

So I just wanted to you folks know that apparently there is a way to add new pitch types because I was concerned when it was brought up here and I was prepared to create a pitcher with 4 pitch types in MLB 17. But now that I know I should be presented with the opportunity sometime down the road. I am not worried. I am in no rush to build a MLB Hall of Fame pitcher before next week.
Heck no! That's one of the more annoying aspects of the DH thing. I've only been drafted by and played for NL teams!
Old 03-25-2018, 05:34 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I'm not being argumentative at all, but why is the circle change rare? It's probably the most common changeup in baseball. I'd say more guys pitch a circle change than just about any change, and I'd say guys focus on changeups pretty heavily.
If you look at pitch selection in the game you will see that very few feature the circle change. Most carry a straight change. So if the game was being based on tutoring by say a teammate into using a pitch the rarer types would be far harder to come by. The mechanics around training new pitches is very obscure. Which when you do this level of revamp of a system you should damn well document the changes and how they are accessed. It is crap like this that is pissing me off with the gaming industry over the last 10 years and is only getting worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »