Home

Huge Flaw in RTTS

This is a discussion on Huge Flaw in RTTS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2018, 09:12 AM   #49
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Huge Flaw in RTTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Nice idea King but it does not work in RTTS, especially THIS YEAR. When you change positions if you do not change your archetype too it hinders your progression. When we pick our Archetypes, we want those archetypes, not for the game to say "hey we want you to change now".

And it's not team based. This literally is scripted into every team you play for. I re-did RTTS like 10 times and had 10 different teams and I was asked to change every single time.

This also doesn't even remotely help the fact that this mode and the game itself evaluates you on your OVR, not stats and your performance which is the way it should be. When I was a 3rd baseman, my first year stats through over 300 plate appearances on All-Star difficulty were off the charts.

But I was not called up for a LONG time, and when I was, it was straight to MLB instead of AAA. It was on the Orioles. Machado was playing SS and there was another 3rd baseman who also could play SS was sitting on the bench for Machado. But my OVR was like 62. It didn't make sense. No one was injured.

Also, I won't even get into stat tracking for the minors which doesn't exist. That's another thread.
I would like you to provide screenshots of all ten of these instances. I also want you to tell me these are types that you are choosing is the primary position listed in the archive the same as the primary position you are choosing? Because I did work last year with roster editing and I understand each position is weighted differently certain attributes mean more to certain positions.

With that being said the reason why it says it is going to affect your progression is because you are choosing an archetype where it strikes are something that are not valued by the position that you play basically that prompt is just telling you that you will not reach your full potential with that are tied at the position.

If you want to build a high-power I high-speed poor Fielding contact or a even better example a slow power-hitting center fielder. You're not going to reach your max potential as far as maximum overall rating. But I know 100% that the game will still let you choose the archetype they just put the disclaimer out as recommendation. You can be whatever player you want to be.

If you want to test how positions weight attributes go to edit player. Select a player and change all his attributes to 50 from there change one attribute at a time to 99. Document the overall rating change and then reset that rating back to 50. Also changed his position so you can see how each position weights that attribute maybe when I get off work later I will do this for you guys so you understand the weights to each position
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondmsu
And how does a player playing the game the way he wants to play it make him "spoiled"? He spent his own hard earned money on the game. What if he wants to be the next Trout or Kershaw? He should have the choice to give it a go. Instead, we are being told 'you have to live the life of a grinder from the start. If you work hard enough, with a little luck, you could become Johnny Damon. But that's your only choice. Don't like It? Play franchise mode.'
What do you miss out of Road to the Show that isn't in franchise mode player lock where you would create a player and use player a lock. Personally interested in your response.

Also to both users it's all love let's just enjoy the baseball season and game

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 03-26-2018, 09:12 AM   #50
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I just really don't understand why in every RTTS player i've created that I get asked to change positions. Like I get it if a team really needs me to change based on how the positions are in the MLB level of a team, but I have played with 10 teams now and and ALL of them want me to change positions.

I also just did a test. I rerolled my guy again, this time with one of the same positions, and sure enough I was drafted by the same Orioles team. This time I made a Shortstop, speed speed speed!

Would you believe that they asked me to change to 3rd baseman???????

So let me get this straight. The first time I made a 3B for the Orioles. They wanted me to change to 1st baseman, I assume because they were "loaded" at 3B. But now that I made a new guy in a different position, for the same team, now they want me at 3B because they "need depth"?
Old 03-26-2018, 09:18 AM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I just really don't understand why in every RTTS player i've created that I get asked to change positions. Like I get it if a team really needs me to change based on how the positions are in the MLB level of a team, but I have played with 10 teams now and and ALL of them want me to change positions.

I also just did a test. I rerolled my guy again, this time with one of the same positions, and sure enough I was drafted by the same Orioles team. This time I made a Shortstop, speed speed speed!

Would you believe that they asked me to change to 3rd baseman???????

So let me get this straight. The first time I made a 3B for the Orioles. They wanted me to change to 1st baseman, I assume because they were "loaded" at 3B. But now that I made a new guy in a different position, for the same team, now they want me at 3B because they "need depth"?

The change position thing seems to be wired into the game. I had same experience in 17 also. It's frustrating. I choose an archetype and a position to play that position. It just seems to do it based on nothing....

Last edited by taterskin; 03-26-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #52
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
I would like you to provide screenshots of all ten of these instances. I also want you to tell me these are types that you are choosing is the primary position listed in the archive the same as the primary position you are choosing? Because I did work last year with roster editing and I understand each position is weighted differently certain attributes mean more to certain positions.

With that being said the reason why it says it is going to affect your progression is because you are choosing an archetype where it strikes are something that are not valued by the position that you play basically that prompt is just telling you that you will not reach your full potential with that are tied at the position.

If you want to build a high-power I high-speed poor Fielding contact or a even better example a slow power-hitting center fielder. You're not going to reach your max potential as far as maximum overall rating. But I know 100% that the game will still let you choose the archetype they just put the disclaimer out as recommendation. You can be whatever player you want to be.

If you want to test how positions weight attributes go to edit player. Select a player and change all his attributes to 50 from there change one attribute at a time to 99. Document the overall rating change and then reset that rating back to 50. Also changed his position so you can see how each position weights that attribute maybe when I get off work later I will do this for you guys so you understand the weights to each positionWhat do you miss out of Road to the Show that isn't in franchise mode player lock where you would create a player and use player a lock. Personally interested in your response.

I can only give you one screenshot for one instance. I don't keep tons of save files. I also overwrite the save files with the same name. I have one for my hitter and one for the starting pitcher. I also probably wouldn't do this anyway because it takes more time than I would really care to invest in.

And I already provided a full bug report on TheShowNation with screenshots yesterday.

Also I don't understand what you mean by this:

Quote:
I also want you to tell me these are types that you are choosing is the primary position listed in the archive the same as the primary position you are choosing?
So example, if I choose 3rd baseman, I picked Power Corner I think it was because it makes sense for a 3rd baseman to have great fielding, a powerful arm and a HR hitter. Most 3B's are HR hitters.

I also only picked 3B as my position, I did NOT pick a secondary position for this guy.

And sure you can play that same archetype but the coach says he wants me to change positions, and if I don't change my archetype it will hinder my progression which is a pretty ridiculous position to put a player in. It's just a bad mechanic.

Lastly, the game DOES in fact SOLELY "look at you" or "evaluate you" based on your OVR rating and not the stats and performance.

Seems you're trying to argue broken mechanics of this RTTS mode when it's not only me that is complaining about it. Many others have as well. I should NEVER be called up directly from AA to MLB when you have two 3rd baseman playing in the SS position (it's their 2nd position) who are both in their 80's OVR. Nope nope nope.

Not saying the entire mode is flat out broken, but there are not only legacy issues from previous iterations, but new problems as well with the archetype mechanic.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 03-26-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:35 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23

If you want to test how positions weight attributes go to edit player. Select a player and change all his attributes to 50 from there change one attribute at a time to 99. Document the overall rating change and then reset that rating back to 50. Also changed his position so you can see how each position weights that attribute maybe when I get off work later I will do this for you guys so you understand the weights to each positionWhat do you miss out of Road to the Show that isn't in franchise mode player lock where you would create a player and use player a lock. Personally interested in your response.

Substantively, there isn't much you miss out on and I have used franchise mode with player lock as a substitute for RTTS with some success in the past (success being measured by the degree of my own gratification and enjoyment). There are some benefits and some detriments. The benefits include: the ability to change your own ratings (up or down) and those of other players at will; the ability to set the line-up; etc. Detriments include: it takes longer to get through a season (because in franchise mode, you have to go back to the main franchise screen after every game, whereas in RTTS, you can play an entire series before you have to go back to the main screen; over the course of a season, that can make a 5 or 6 hour difference); you have more responsibility for monitoring the stamina and situation (including contracts) of all of the players on the roster in franchise mode, which can be a little time consuming and tedious. But I'm not saying it's a deal breaker as far as the overall game goes. It's looking like I will be sticking to franchise mode in this year's version of the game, and I do not have a major problem with that. But I am a little annoyed by it because I bought the deluxe version purely so I could use the free stubs and the stubs I would raise by selling the best assets I get from the free packs to purchase training points that can be used in RTTS, but I didn't realize that that would not be applicable in this year's version.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:12 AM   #54
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

What's annoying me the most at this point, is the disingenuous "game developer speak," we we're smothered and covered with.

When Ramone did his videos and interviews he drove home and drove hard, "that's right! Microtransacrions are gone. You can't just use stubs to get an all 99ovr player."

Or my favorite, "we worked really hard on getting full speed replays."

He and the rest of the studio folks dangled talking points, "Hey! Look over here!," knowing full well the game mode was broken.

In the end you can't cover a tird in chocolate and call it a candy bar.

I don't blame them for doing their post development cycle, job of selling the game. I just wish they and other developers would simply be honest and transparent.

Let us know the issues, tell us you are working on fixes, and if you show loyalty by still buying it at launch, we will give you 50k stubs.

Instead they hide. Anyone else think it's strange that NONE of the Twitter feeds show anything related to the rtts debacle, or any other complaint? Nothing, not one tweet by a player of the game can be seen, lol. It's like they released the game and turn the lights out, ripped the phone cords out of the wall, "tell me when they're gone."

This isn't just a San Diego Studios problem, it's an industry wide problem. Yes we can speak by not buying, but one thing that will truly help change things, is the media.

IGN, Gamespot, or any site, publication that interviews developers and reviews games have to hold companies accountable. Why don't they? Because if you expose anything you lose access. It's just like reporters and athletes back in the day,"if I publish this story about him getting drunk and being arrested, I'm never getting another interview."

I don't know. I'm just frustrated. Wait all year and end up with crap. Rant over
Old 03-26-2018, 10:18 AM   #55
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
It seems like they made growth harder, to make your "road to the show," longer. Not getting a base hit shouldn't take attributes away. Leave me my points, just don't give me any.

What why not? If you are having an awful year you should go down in ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2018, 10:30 AM   #56
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
What why not? If you are having an awful year you should go down in ratings.
Don't think the idea is that it's an awful year. If you are batting .300 which is a good batting average.... it means out of 100 AB's you failed 70 times. So I get 70 negative points and 30 positive points?? I'm not opposed to negative points for poor AB's.... but if I rip a ground ball to SS it doesn't mean I should get negative points for generating an out. If I hit a lazy fly ball or pop up I get dinged for not ripping a line drive? You fail enough in baseball that you can just take the negative points OUT OF IT. Give me points when I do it right and give me NOTHING when I don't do it right. The negative points are crap. Or if I don't drive in runs in every single opportunity with runners on that I get negative "clutch" points. It goes against the game of baseball. In clutch situations you should either earn the points are not earn the points. Not be penalized and LOSE points because you drove runs in 3 times out of 7 opportunities. If you start with the bare minimum contact on a couple of the archetypes....it will take you from now till christmas to max him out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »