Home

Huge Flaw in RTTS

This is a discussion on Huge Flaw in RTTS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2018, 01:36 PM   #65
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Huge Flaw in RTTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I am concerned if there is indeed a problem where the pitchers secondary pitch control and movement attributes never change after each game in the current MLB 18 RTTS build. If this is the case we are essentially wasting our time playing the game with pitchers because the secondary pitches will never improve over time.

Because I like to play full RTTS games or play at least as much of the game as SDS will let me (why the don't make the "O - Watch Game" button available before the first pitch of the game is ever thrown is mind boggling), my RTTS character development is at a much slower pace than most. I am thinking of restarting my pitcher and shortstop RTTS players in MLB 17, play with them there keeping in mind the archetypes of MLB 18 and then when hopefully some of these problems with MLB 18 RTTS are solved, then I will migrate my MLB 17 players to 18.

It's a shame there are bugs, but there is nothing easy about software development. Bugs happen and hopefully a patch will be available soon because I do like what SDS is trying to do with the mode. It just does not seem like it is where it needs to be yet.

The pitch issue is known and will be fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2018, 01:42 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUBoy93
Y'all are aware that after your short stint of moving positions you can move back to your original position? The manager and organization won't limit your playtime or bench you.

Also, the reason you play DH so frequently is because your durability is low. The comp is trying to limit your game action to get you the most AB's. And if you're worried about your fielding you can get tangible upgrades to it during training (the same place pitchers can add new pitches).
I actually never took durability into consideration when I saw my speedy CF playing DH. Makes sense now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2018, 01:51 PM   #67
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Not the point though man. This mode is scripted to the point of where in every one of your RTTS saves, it asks you to change positions which is ridiculous. It's not even a need for alot of teams. This was also an issue last year.

SDS added the archetypes this year but did not tweak the logic of teams wanting you to switch positions in every game.
Except teams do that all the time. Players move to other positions for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it's so players have versatility (which is what your manager says in game), sometimes it's because they feel a player is blocked. Manny Machado was asked to move to 3B in real life because of JJ Hardy at short. At least in the game you can refuse a permanent move and play how you want.

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Old 03-26-2018, 02:03 PM   #68
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Except teams do that all the time. Players move to other positions for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it's so players have versatility (which is what your manager says in game), sometimes it's because they feel a player is blocked. Manny Machado was asked to move to 3B in real life because of JJ Hardy at short. At least in the game you can refuse a permanent move and play how you want.
You can also choose to keep your original archetype if you decide to go with the position change even if it is pointed out that the new position in not typically played by that archetype...your choice.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:14 PM   #69
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

I made a pitcher and after 8 starts in AA I was 6-1 with an ERA just above 2. By far the best stats of any of our starters. Then I got called to the manager's office and was told I was being moved to the closers role. WHY?!

I checked and our closer had 7 saves with an ERA under 1! Why in the world would they replace him with me, their best starter? It makes no sense.

I wish they would stop with these scripted events. Things like this should be done when appropriate and necessary, not just at random times at the start of everyone's career. I felt like blowing saves on purpose to try and get the manager fired!
Old 03-26-2018, 02:24 PM   #70
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
You can also choose to keep your original archetype if you decide to go with the position change even if it is pointed out that the new position in not typically played by that archetype...your choice.
Quote:
Quote:
Y'all are aware that after your short stint of moving positions you can move back to your original position? The manager and organization won't limit your playtime or bench you.

Also, the reason you play DH so frequently is because your durability is low. The comp is trying to limit your game action to get you the most AB's. And if you're worried about your fielding you can get tangible upgrades to it during training (the same place pitchers can add new pitches).
All points I made thank you fellas

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 03-26-2018, 02:29 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 1

Not that common for an OF to be moved to 1B in the Minors. Especially star caliber. It's more common on the slow down side of a career after few years in the Majors. There are some guys who are examples but it's not common. Thankfully on my progression it was a 2 week tryout and I was moved back to LF. I did notice afterwards that 1B was added to my secondary positions too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2018, 02:33 PM   #72
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
So when you change from 3rd baseman to SS, you get to keep your Power Corner archetype?

Can you also please explain why when I was 3rd baseman for the Orioles that it took over 300 plate appearances for me to get called up and then I was suddenly jammed into MLB skipping AAA?

My AA stats were .389 avg, 10 HR's, 42 RBI's, .200 ISO, and a POP of 1.183. I was cleaning house after like 100 plate appearances or so, and kept it going over 300. But then I got jumped straight up to MLB as a starting 3B at 62 OVR while my competition, both Machado and another guy (cant remember name) were both in their 80's OVR and both were at SS.

I wrote a huge bug report on TheShowNation about it. You're evaluated by OVR and not by stats, and I could not see how my AAA competition was doing because there's no stat tracking in the minors so I couldn't tell his performance. I think he was 61 OVR and I was 62. I can't remember. I got bumped to The Show instead of letting me progress in AAA.

Sorry one more thing, I made a Starting Pitcher (archetype Plain Filthy) and after 6 or 7 games my ERA was 1.21 and I had 58 strikeouts averaging almost 10 a game. Then without warning, i got moved from Starting to Long Reliever. I did not get any warning or coach talk about it. It just happened. I bug reported this also. If I was playing like garbage, no problem, but I got replaced by a guy who's ERA was over 6.00 and getting killed out there.

I'm not just pulling these issues out of a hat. They're legitimate problems.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 03-26-2018 at 02:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »