Home

10 constructive recommendations that would enhance the RTTS experience

This is a discussion on 10 constructive recommendations that would enhance the RTTS experience within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2018, 11:11 AM   #1
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5

As a dedicated RTTS player, I'm just here to offer up a few recommendations, for future patches or next year's iteration of MLB The Show. I believe that the following changes to RTTS (and player lock) would really help with the mode's immersion factor. Heck, most of these have been in the game at one point or another, and make all of the difference. In order of personal priority, here they are:

-------------------

1) START GAME, WATCH GAME
Allow us to select ’Watch Game’ during the intro sequence of a game, so we don't miss out on the first couple of innings (dependant on your player's next appearance).

2) RESULT PLAY
Bring back ‘Result Play’ (see every ball in play, even when our player is not involved), or give us something similar to the current ‘CPU Teammate Hitting - Half’ option for defense. That's a fantastic addition, since it allows us to watch only a part of our teammates at bats, and doesn't only work for when our player is on base; making us feel part of a team, without the game taking forever to play.

3) QUICK COUNTS
If number 2 is not possible, giving us the opportunity to use 'Quick Counts' in RTTS could also work; except for when our player is up to bat. 'Quicks Counts' is currently available with player lock.

4) BIG RED HALO
On defense, please give us the option to remove the red halo around the ball. I can deal with the 'beach ball' effect, but that halo is quite immersion breaking and not always necessary. I personally had no problem following the ball before that feature was introduced.

5) DEFENSIVE POSITION RESET
Is it possible for the game to remember where we position our defensive player for a single batter? Currently, the game resets my defensive position after every pitch. I like to play most players differently, depending on the count and the batter's handedness. Having to walk over to that location after every pitch is frustrating.

6) DEFENSIVE PLAYER LOCK
The locking of our players after the ball is in play seems to kick in way too fast.
Example: A ball is hit to the outfield and I need to run and cover the second base bag. Most of the time, I don't even get to the bag before the game locks my player in place. Or if I overrun the bag, there is no way for me to get back into proper position.

7) PLAY BY PLAY SIMULATOR SPEED
Please slow down the 'Play by Play' simulator speed. It's very difficult to follow, let alone try to get back on defense before a pitch is thrown. By the time I stop the simulator, we're usually back up to bat. There used to be an option to select different speeds. For that to return would be great.

8) DEFENSIVE OVER THE SHOULDER VIEW
Allow us to play out a pitch while holding R1 (over the shoulder view). While I like the zoomed out camera angle for defense, it would be nice to have the option to play out some pitches using the 'over the shoulder' view. If I hold 'Right stick up', I get the result that I want. It's just a little awkward. Holding R1 would be much easier. The 'simple' fix would be to remove the 'game pause' that currently happens when R1 is pressed and held.

9) DEFENSIVE ALIGNEMENT GRAPHIC
I believe that, when set to manual, the defensive alignment graphic shouldn't pop up before every at bat. At the moment, it pops up a little too much for my liking.

10) SHOWTIME GLITCH
I believe this is a glitch that should eventually get fixed. The ShowTime graphic below your defensive player stays on screen, even when the 'ShowTime Opportunities' option is set to off.

-------------------

Thank you for reading

Last edited by jaiman; 03-24-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 09:54 AM   #2
Pro

jaiman's Arena

Re: 10 constructive recommendations that would enhance the RTTS experience

Just bumping this up (old school, I know!) one time. I just think these are important RTTS features that many people would appreciate to see (back) in the game.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:02 AM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Don’t bump threads. You literally just posted yesterday.

Some of the stuff you mentioned is already in the game.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #4
Pro

jaiman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Don’t bump threads. You literally just posted yesterday.

Some of the stuff you mentioned is already in the game.

Didn’t know that was illegal, boss. Was already pushed to page two and thought others may also like to see these features in-game.

And out of those 10 things, please tell me which of them are actually in the game. I’ll save you some time. None of them. I didn’t just post this without researching first.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:57 AM   #5
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0

Ugh, #1 is still in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 11:34 AM   #6
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

RTTS is pretty broken at this point. Quite a few things need to be patched up or changed.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:19 PM   #7
Pro

jaiman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
Ugh, #1 is still in the game?
It has not been fixed. The game doesn't let you select the 'Watch Game' option until you had your first appearance (on offense or defense). Sometimes that only takes place a couple of innings into the game. Would be great if they let you press 'O' before the first pitch of the game is thrown.

EDIT: @Stolm

I think I may have misunderstood your reply. After reading again, it looks like you were asking me if #1 had been fixed. If that's the case, I apologize for my ignorant reply.

Last edited by jaiman; 03-25-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:20 PM   #8
Pro

jaiman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
RTTS is pretty broken at this point. Quite a few things need to be patched up or changed.
Don't get me wrong. I'm still having fun with this mode. I just feel that these recommendations could really enhance things even more. I think the most frustrating part is that most of these options/features have been in the game before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »