Home

RTTS pitcher question

This is a discussion on RTTS pitcher question within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2018, 02:48 PM   #1
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

OVR: 0
RTTS pitcher question

So far I'm loving the new way attributes increase, is far better than arbitrarily spending XP.

That said I have some questions for those that have probably pushed in more than a handful of games already.

#1: My secondary and tertiary pitches never improve after a game, only my primary gets any boost. Is this normal? Does this change at some point?

#2: When/how can I add a 4th (and even 5th pitch) later on?

#3: How do you cover 1st base? I simply cannot get there in time to make a play.

Last edited by Kentaurus; 03-24-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 08:32 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: RTTS pitcher question

#1 and #3 I’m not sure, as I understand you can add a new pitch in the off season.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I've been prompted, at random between games, to "train" and I'm able to choose 3 categories to boost the ratings for, one of which usually is geared towards attributes for something directly affecting one of my pitches. I've already done this at least twice and I'm just starting my third game in AA so for the moment it seems to be a pretty regular occurrence. The covering first base thing is forever irritating. Not only is it clunky in the first place to move in that direction but the pitcher always stops as soon as the ball is fielded by the first basemen, regardless of where the player fields the ball, it's been an issue for a few years now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2018, 07:58 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brgisme
#1 and #3 I’m not sure, as I understand you can add a new pitch in the off season.
I simmed 2 off seasons and saw no prompt for a 4th pitch. So either they hid it elsewhere or something else is broken with RTTS this year. I'll run another character through the OS. But my first is now in the MLB with 3 pitches as a starter....and you can guess how long he lasts....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »