Home

A couple simple things I believe would help presentation.

This is a discussion on A couple simple things I believe would help presentation. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2020, 11:46 PM   #1
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

OVR: 3
A couple simple things I believe would help presentation.

I am in the midst (48 regular season, 25 spring) of playing every game. This is something I did last year, all the way through the playoffs, and fully intend to same this year. I feel I have a decent opinion on the presentation of this game.

It is very hit and miss. And I believe it has been for years. Take Heidi for instance, she can be informative, but VERY repetitive, and Flat out annoying. There are other examples of bad presentation that you are all very painfully aware of. the show does do some things good though, but most feel a bit shallow, kind of like the radio show that gives the scores, it is good, just bare bones. that being said, here are a few things I feel could improve it, and not take a ton of dev power or resources.

The commentary is so decent at times, but just so hard to listen to consistently. I use the word code loosely, because I am not a programmer, but I think simply re doing some of the code ques would help immensely. I play as the Cubs, and If I hear That they had billboards for Kris Bryant up before he hit the majors, one more time, I might wig out. The ques are too repetitive. I would think they could make them more intelligent, make it so we don't hear the same **** over and over.

Have more dynamic talk, In season injury talk, big players, player movement. I hate that you are playing the Phillies, Bryce Harper is out for 3 months, and they don't even mention it.

Improve the radio show, it has had no upgrades since introduced.

I get this is not a high priority, and needs a lot of attention, but a little attention would be nice...any other suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2020, 12:34 AM   #2
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: A couple simple things I believe would help presentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrtelford
I am in the midst (48 regular season, 25 spring) of playing every game. This is something I did last year, all the way through the playoffs, and fully intend to same this year. I feel I have a decent opinion on the presentation of this game.

It is very hit and miss. And I believe it has been for years. Take Heidi for instance, she can be informative, but VERY repetitive, and Flat out annoying. There are other examples of bad presentation that you are all very painfully aware of. the show does do some things good though, but most feel a bit shallow, kind of like the radio show that gives the scores, it is good, just bare bones. that being said, here are a few things I feel could improve it, and not take a ton of dev power or resources.

The commentary is so decent at times, but just so hard to listen to consistently. I use the word code loosely, because I am not a programmer, but I think simply re doing some of the code ques would help immensely. I play as the Cubs, and If I hear That they had billboards for Kris Bryant up before he hit the majors, one more time, I might wig out. The ques are too repetitive. I would think they could make them more intelligent, make it so we don't hear the same **** over and over.

Have more dynamic talk, In season injury talk, big players, player movement. I hate that you are playing the Phillies, Bryce Harper is out for 3 months, and they don't even mention it.

Improve the radio show, it has had no upgrades since introduced.

I get this is not a high priority, and needs a lot of attention, but a little attention would be nice...any other suggestions?
Unfortunately this just isn't going to happen. Diamond Dynasty is their baby and it's how they make most of their money. Until developers figure out how to monetize franchise mode (which I really just don't think they can; at least not to the degree they can DD), it's just going to be very small, incremental, "improvements," in franchise mode. I've just accepted it, as unfortunate as it is.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-26-2020, 12:52 AM   #3
Rookie

Yes totally agree this is one of the areas they should adjust if they want regular players to listen.

To me:

1) This year patch in: return the ability for users to adjust/turn off individual broadcaster’s audio levels (it was a great option they offered on PS3)

2) Next year: bring in optional additional play x play announcers (at least one) that user could set to home/away or whatever To Break Up Monotony sound wise....Matt V is fine but break up the Monotony.

The voice they use could/should just be an actor reading script to save $ but whomever they use should have loads of character to his voice (example: someone who sounds like he is 100 years old and smokes 3 packs of cigarettes a day—think Curt Gowdy or Mel Allen from ‘70s) or —get frickin’ Bob Ueker/Vin Scully/Howard Cosell impersonator

3) Ditch Heidi or Any sideline reporter. Who came up with the idea for the necessity for a sideline reporter in sports anyway? They are all ridiculous, particularly in baseball? Also Heidi W is a beautiful woman in real & does a great job on MLB tonight but in this game they made her look like a dude...like that geek with the bow tie (fox?/espn?) wearing a blonde wig.

4) This would never happen but allow users to replace playXplay dialogue with user dialogue (offline) in user slots like an expansion of sounds of show where each situation/event would b Ed alloyed a specific amount of time to be filled (and these sound phrases added together to make an entire game’s worth).. would take some time but could be amazing-if done well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-26-2020, 01:01 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I wish commentary paid more attention to big matchups and had more situational awareness. I had deGrom on the mound vs Scherzer, scoreless in the 4th and they come out and say they’re surprised nobody has scored It’s two of the best pitchers in the game, it shouldn’t be that hard to believe.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:50 AM   #5
Rookie

TonyMoraco15's Arena

OVR: 0

I totally agree, For us that like to play every game presentation and commentary gets pretty old pretty quick. And even more so since we been having the same 3 man booth with the saaame lines for a few years now. And that plus the same animations...geez!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2020, 09:29 AM   #6
Rookie

While I agree that commentary needs more variety, the answer is simple. Set the commentary setting to whatever mimics on field. 0 commentary. It even mutes justin allegri.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:38 AM   #7
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Less talk. These color guys ramble on and on and on. It's annoying when a ball is put into play and they are still talking about a particular umpires characteristics. Two man booth, more statistical talk. I haven't listened to the commentary for years. Every time I try it's annoying and I go back to the ambiance of the crowd/stadium and SOS.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:47 AM   #8
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

I like the play by play. I wish I could leave that on and turn off the rambling color commentary. So instead I have it all turned off.

Sent from my thoughts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »