Home

For Those Who Are Not Buying MLB The Show 18, Why Not?

This is a discussion on For Those Who Are Not Buying MLB The Show 18, Why Not? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2018, 12:50 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: For Those Who Are Not Buying MLB The Show 18, Why Not?

I understand the problems with the show 17 gameplay but 18 is a fantastic game on the field. It is the best representation of the game of baseball on the field I've ever seen.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #34
Pro

MLB14's Arena

I think the negatives outweigh the positives. I'm not buying it now. I may buy it later used.

I haven't bought the game since 2015. Primary reason for that was I haven't had enough time to play PS4, but lately the primary reason has shifted to disappointment with the direction the game is going.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:09 PM   #35
Rookie

I'm hearing there are issues with the roster Sharing?! I was just about to purchase the game, now I'm skipping it. Diamond dynasty has ruined this game. That's all they care about. Rtts is about as stale as it gets, they took out season mode!! What!? They haven't touched franchise mode. I'm not buying it. No freaking way. Not that too many people will care , but no world baseball classic rosters this year. People who put years of hard work with creating their own roster s and now there's a glitch? I have been editing and carrying over rosters since 2013. 1000s of hours worth of work. Now there's an issue? Sorry this is the end of the line for me. I have been waiting for create a team /uniform editor since 2012 to make my custom rosters even more realistic (outside of terrible diamond dynasty) Never been delivered. We're done here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 03:27 PM   #36
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: For Those Who Are Not Buying MLB The Show 18, Why Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
It's like a Negative feedback loop. The franchise mode is boring so people quit which leads the developers to say people don't play franchise mode and we have the numbers that prove it which puts less effort into the mode.
Spoken like a process control engineer.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:17 PM   #37
Rookie

RTTS archtypes. If I want to make a "realistic" player I can do it on my own. I don't need my other stats capped. The new progression system doesn't seem completely thought out.

Aside from the presentation improvements, the game is the same. Same mechanics. Same meters. 17 will do for now.

Super Mega Baseball 2 will be my baseball game of choice this year.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:52 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamawaz
First year that I have not preordered and I am glad that I did not.

First, if you spend $60 - $70 for a game plus potential shipping or taxes, you should be able to play YOUR game the way that YOU want to. You should not be FORCED into playing the way someone else wants you to. Would you go into Burger King and order a beef patty with just ketchup and be given a veggie burger with onions and pickles, etc, and be happy with it. No, i do not think you would. This is what SDS has done to us over the last couple of years. They give us a feature we love(being able to pick team to be drafted by for instance, or max whatever stats we want) and then take it back. This is not a good business model. We could always CHOOSE to take the long drawn out road to the bigs by not using stubs or whatever, so why did they feel they had to FORCE us into doing it THEIR way. My dad played in Dodgers organization and then managed in it. My dream team to play for is the Dodgers but SDS will not let me. If I go to rent a movie I will not be told what movie I have to rent.

I play approximately 80% RTTS and and 20% Season. Guess what, they not only RUINED RTTS for me but took away Season mode! Tell me again why I would want to purchase this game.

Options are what help make the best games, just give us the option to play how we want or don't take opions away is all I am saying.

Bottom line, no purchase for me this year(even if price dropped to $10.00) and probably never again. Sad for me because I love baseball and LOVED this game.

Waz
I'm with you, I ordered online cause I had back surgery and cant drive I got it today and it's going back I played season mode only

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-27-2018, 04:57 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamawaz
First year that I have not preordered and I am glad that I did not.

First, if you spend $60 - $70 for a game plus potential shipping or taxes, you should be able to play YOUR game the way that YOU want to. You should not be FORCED into playing the way someone else wants you to. Would you go into Burger King and order a beef patty with just ketchup and be given a veggie burger with onions and pickles, etc, and be happy with it. No, i do not think you would. This is what SDS has done to us over the last couple of years. They give us a feature we love(being able to pick team to be drafted by for instance, or max whatever stats we want) and then take it back. This is not a good business model. We could always CHOOSE to take the long drawn out road to the bigs by not using stubs or whatever, so why did they feel they had to FORCE us into doing it THEIR way. My dad played in Dodgers organization and then managed in it. My dream team to play for is the Dodgers but SDS will not let me. If I go to rent a movie I will not be told what movie I have to rent.

I play approximately 80% RTTS and and 20% Season. Guess what, they not only RUINED RTTS for me but took away Season mode! Tell me again why I would want to purchase this game.

Options are what help make the best games, just give us the option to play how we want or don't take opions away is all I am saying.

Bottom line, no purchase for me this year(even if price dropped to $10.00) and probably never again. Sad for me because I love baseball and LOVED this game.

Waz
And sometimes you cant go into Burger King & order a pizza

A Work in Progress
Old 03-27-2018, 05:16 PM   #40
Pro

I'm still undecided. I purchased OOTP 18 this year and haven't had a chance to dive deep into it. I played The Show 17 with my franchise, that I was hoping to move into The Show 18 but unfortunate i cleaned my PS4 up and deleted everything off it.

The lack of franchise updates doesn't really bother me since I do 30 team control. The possibility of the OSFM not being able to be put out quick is troublesome. If they have to redo everything from scratch that will take a few months and then with the great roster makers here who do full edits will also take a few months. By the a fully edited roster comes out the real Beisbol season will be close to ending.

So it looks like I start a new franchise on MLB 17 and play through it until I finish a season which by the time The Show 18 should be on sale. To go with that with a very immersive franchise mode I will play OOTP 18.

Already have thoughts that doing my first season of OOTP 18, which ever moves occur in that mode I will put in my Show franchise when I catch up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »