Home

RTTS question...

This is a discussion on RTTS question... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2018, 12:59 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
RTTS question...

I am strictly and always have been a Franchise guy, But a friend of mine has talked me into trying RTTS. It's pretty cool. I like it but some things I just don't get. I was given 120 points to buy perks. I bought two of them. Used up my 120 points. I am half way through the season and haven't been given anymore points. How do I earn them or get more. I was given things like Shoe's glove, etc that made me a better player but have not been offered anything since. I am hitting around 390 after 50 plus games and have been moved from AA to AAA.

I have become a decent fielder at 2b. But every-now and then during a GROUND BALL, THIS CIRCLE pops up. It starts out green and then turns red and disappears. It freezes my player and I usually miss the ball. What is that and how do I turn it off. I don't know what I am supposed to do when that happens. Read the manual but it don't say anything.

Finally, I have base running set to Auto but I still have to control him after the hit and reaching 1B. He won't run or advance on his own. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 01:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: RTTS question...

I cannot answer to all of the questions, but I do know that the RTTS mode is designed for YOU to control the player, not the AI. You run, hit, and field the ball yourself, as it is intended. The fielding freeze most likely say to press R1 (default) to catch the ball. I am almost certain this actuall says as much on the screen when it happens, this makes your player dive to catch the ball. Again I am not sure if you can turn this off but it is designed to help people get a jump on the ball that would otherwise go whipping past you due to the speed of the game.

PSN: I-JayDee-I
Old 03-27-2018, 01:41 PM   #3
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

OVR: 0

You don‘t gain anymore points than the 120 for the Showtime OR Perks. It‘s up to you IF and/or on which perk(s) you want to use them.

There is also the possibility (besides the R1 prompt Rattler described) that there is a Fielding Glove which you have to put on the Baseball with the left stick and then a button-symbol comes up to catch the ball. Those quick time events occur not all the time though.

For the base running aspect you have to control your guy in RTTS. I would recommend to use the setting with the left stick instead of just R1/L1 because of the bigger chance of stealing bases (leaning).

Last edited by BenBobOmb; 03-27-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:29 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

Thanks Guys.. OK. Then I don't understand. I only had a choice of a couple of the perks I could pick from. All the others were locked. So are you saying I should have never spent the 120 until every option became unlocked. ???? That could take forever. That really don't make sense. And as far as the player awards like Glove, bats, shoes, and others. Are you saying I won't get any more of those offered to me. ?

Thanks for the tip on the base running. As i said in all the years I have had the Show.. I have never tried RTTS.. To old and bad hands..
Old 03-27-2018, 04:37 PM   #5
Rookie

mattm7x's Arena

OVR: 0

You unlock the other perks once you hit the attribute threshold for the specific perk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 04:40 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Perk selection isn't permanent. You can swap them out anytime between games. The 120 simply represents how much you can use during a game. And using perks will cut into the amount of times you can activate the R2 slow motion (not the freeze when contact is made, that doesn't cost anything)
Old 03-27-2018, 04:43 PM   #7
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Those perk points represent showtime (that meter at the bottom of the screen during gameplay that allows you to slow time). No points used = full meter. Applying perks uses some of that showtime (or all). So you can allocate it all to perks, use some of it, or just don't use perks and have a full showtime bar

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »