Home

MLB The Show 18 Franchise Mode: Some Impressions After A Few Days

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Franchise Mode: Some Impressions After A Few Days within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2018, 12:09 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
I hope when they patch all this i dont have to restart my chise im 39 games deep playing each game with* *to keep pitch count realistic. I havent seen anything too crazy yet
Old 04-04-2018, 08:58 PM   #18
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB The Show 18 Franchise Mode: Some Impressions After A Few Days

Closer logic needs to be tweaked. I dont mind some switches through the season, but I'm seeing April and closers in bullpen roles who are having decent seasons.

It should be extended bad performance. Here's an example.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2018, 10:00 AM   #19
Just started!

My first impression is...its the same thing as last year except a new "menu" they did nothing to improve or add new features which is highly disappointing. My wish list for franchise is the longest of all game modes..every year keeps growing
Old 04-05-2018, 11:19 AM   #20
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Closer logic needs to be tweaked. I dont mind some switches through the season, but I'm seeing April and closers in bullpen roles who are having decent seasons.
This was my exact concern when they announced "dynamic bullpens." I had little faith this new feature would operate in a nuanced way. March 29th? Closer gave up a run? Time for a new closer?
Old 04-05-2018, 07:18 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8

I don't think I'm buying next year. I buy every year because I love playing video game baseball but I'm beyond disappointed by all the issues. They took out online franchise and season mode. And yet they left in countless legacy issues, added a couple franchise breaking (at this point) glitches, and continue to not even be in the same ballpark (pun intended) of immersion/reality that NBA2k has for example.

I mean how hard is it to let you see minor league stats on the cards? Or to have team/player options available on contracts? This is basic, basic stuff. I'm not even getting into faulty FA/trade logic.

I've been playing franchise mode on The Show for years but I really feel they either dropped the ball in a major way (and last year too) or just don't care due to being all in on DD mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2018, 07:37 PM   #22
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
I don't think I'm buying next year. I buy every year because I love playing video game baseball but I'm beyond disappointed by all the issues. They took out online franchise and season mode. And yet they left in countless legacy issues, added a couple franchise breaking (at this point) glitches, and continue to not even be in the same ballpark (pun intended) of immersion/reality that NBA2k has for example.

I mean how hard is it to let you see minor league stats on the cards? Or to have team/player options available on contracts? This is basic, basic stuff. I'm not even getting into faulty FA/trade logic.

I've been playing franchise mode on The Show for years but I really feel they either dropped the ball in a major way (and last year too) or just don't care due to being all in on DD mode.
Absolutely agree. I've been playing the show franchise mode every year for over a decade now but this year I'm not sure I even want to waste my time. Franchise mode has been stale for a long time and left behind by other sports games. Things they put in like the radio recap and morale system seem to be poor efforts and then this year they basically streamline the season process.

I really wish they did some good stuff in franchise mode because it's the one game I could play 300+ games in a franchise mode and still have the gameplay feel fresh.

Operation Sports OOTP League
Old 04-05-2018, 08:09 PM   #23
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
This was my exact concern when they announced "dynamic bullpens." I had little faith this new feature would operate in a nuanced way. March 29th? Closer gave up a run? Time for a new closer?
When have they ever implemented something new that actually works the first year they put it in?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2018, 09:27 PM   #24
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19

It should be extended bad performance. Here's an example.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
How many games are you into the season that you're seeing this?

I'm 13 games in, give or take for other teams (roughly 2 1/2 weeks) and I haven't seen anything like this. The only team that may have switched closers during the season is the Pirates, but I honestly don't know if they started with their closer from last year (CAP William Schweitzel) or if they started with Neftali Perez as their closer. Everyone else is who I would expect.

I am using a carryover save, so I don't know if that would have any barring (I wouldn't think so) but want to offer full disclosure.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »