Home

Best Pitches for the different archetypes

This is a discussion on Best Pitches for the different archetypes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2018, 12:24 AM   #33
Rookie

trackstar121388's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best Pitches for the different archetypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandGropeR
Well the main reason I spose was I was thinking cause at the moment my Fastball is at around 97-99, Cutter is 92-94 and slider I think is 87-88 with a mean break on it, been realy chasing the control and break on the slider, so I was thinking that a mean fast sinker that has a good break would cover all angles but yeah a change could work as well. I guess it will depend on what my team mates have to teach me.

As a closer it is a bit of a grind as when I was in AA and AAA I was mainly doing the 9th and that was it bar when I had my compulsory switch, now I'm throwing in either th 4th or 6th for 2 innings so it is raising my stats, you just play a lot of quick games LOL
I can see that. If it was me I'd want a change or a curve to somewhat balance out my fast and slow pitches that all do a bit of something different. I plan on adding a 4th and 5th to my repertoire. Not totally sold on what I want to add yet.

Oh yeah, I can see that being a pain. Does your progression take longer?
Old 04-05-2018, 02:05 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar121388
I can see that. If it was me I'd want a change or a curve to somewhat balance out my fast and slow pitches that all do a bit of something different. I plan on adding a 4th and 5th to my repertoire. Not totally sold on what I want to add yet.

Oh yeah, I can see that being a pain. Does your progression take longer?
I'm going to take your advice on that and add a circle change or Curve if it comes up.

Not sure on progression, I am at 81 now in Aug 2020 so it seems to be going OK but I play on whatever the second easiest is as I do this for relaxing, not as a serious sim thing that most do. I'm a Aussie that just happens to follow Baseball - Cubs(12years now) and play this to have fun.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:53 AM   #35
Rookie

trackstar121388's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandGropeR
I'm going to take your advice on that and add a circle change or Curve if it comes up.

Not sure on progression, I am at 81 now in Aug 2020 so it seems to be going OK but I play on whatever the second easiest is as I do this for relaxing, not as a serious sim thing that most do. I'm a Aussie that just happens to follow Baseball - Cubs(12years now) and play this to have fun.
I'm a pretty big fan of how my pitcher has been using the circle change.

I'm still in my first season and I'm close to a 70 and in August of my first year. I play in a similar way. I'm playing for fun I don't care as much if my numbers are somewhat unrealistic. (Good choice in team)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

So what archetype throws a straight change a circle change and a Vulcan change 😁

A Work in Progress
Old 04-05-2018, 05:18 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
So what archetype throws a straight change a circle change and a Vulcan change 😁
I don't know, but I'm sure he's money

Made a new Plain Filthy SP with a cutter, forkball, and knuckle curve. He's absolutely disgusting. I don't know what I should add when I get the chance since the cutter functions as a slider and the forkball functions as a changeup/sinker. I was thinking of a 4 seamer but I don't know the effect it'll have on the CPU or if it'll take the most advantage of my attribute caps. Any suggestions?
Old 04-05-2018, 06:23 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseJoseph9119

Made a new Plain Filthy SP with a cutter, forkball, and knuckle curve. He's absolutely disgusting. I don't know what I should add when I get the chance since the cutter functions as a slider and the forkball functions as a changeup/sinker. I was thinking of a 4 seamer but I don't know the effect it'll have on the CPU or if it'll take the most advantage of my attribute caps. Any suggestions?
Running fastball is my first suggestion.
If that ain't kosher, how 'bout a 12-6 curve?
And one last option, if I may suggest, the slurve.

A Work in Progress
Old 04-05-2018, 06:38 PM   #39
Rookie

trackstar121388's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseJoseph9119

I wish I would have added a knuckle or knuckle curve to my plain filthy. Although I do like my running fastball, circle change, and screwball so I don't know what I would have dropped to add it. Movement pitches are best for your archetype. I personally would recommend a circle change but since you're are saying your forkball is your change you could do a running fastball if you could find it it's better than a 4 seam for the archetype because of the movement and it moves the opposite way your cutter goes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-05-2018, 06:39 PM   #40
Rookie

trackstar121388's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Running fastball is my first suggestion.
If that ain't kosher, how 'bout a 12-6 curve?
And one last option, if I may suggest, the slurve.
I agree with the running fastball the 12-6 and slive seem a bit redundant with his other pitches but to each their own

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »