Home

Expansion/Create and Customize Stadium

This is a discussion on Expansion/Create and Customize Stadium within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Expansion/Create and Customize Stadium

I know these are features that players have been asking to add for years now. And the other 3 major sports games include either expansion, relocation or both. My question is has the SDS team ever addressed why they have not included any of these additions or if they ever plan to?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by mariner690; 04-02-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Expansion/Create and Customize Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner690
I know these are features that players have been asking to add for years now. And the other 3 major sports games include either expansion, relations action or both. My question is has the SDS team ever addressed why they have not included any of these additions or if they ever plan to?

There was a comment from SDS a while back, that essentially said that if a create-a-ballpark feature were to be put in the game, no other updates could be made to that year's edition, as it would take that much of their resources to complete.

I think that's the paraphrased version of it...someone might have a better recollection of the exact words, but I think that's the gist of it.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:47 PM   #3
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3

Man that stinks. I really would love the idea of having a create-a-team or expansion mode. Even if it meant doing my own expansion draft (I've done this with Madden before). NHL has that system down to a science though, their expansion draft setup is amazing.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
There was a comment from SDS a while back, that essentially said that if a create-a-ballpark feature were to be put in the game, no other updates could be made to that year's edition, as it would take that much of their resources to complete.

I think that's the paraphrased version of it...someone might have a better recollection of the exact words, but I think that's the gist of it.
A slight work around for this would be hire some new people just to work on stadium builder and then to cover the costs you make stadium builder paid DLC, say $10. Allow all players access to the vault of created stadiums but in order to build new stadiums you need to buy the DLC and then for the next game you just lump create a stadium in with the base game.

The team would obviously still have to make design concessions even after hiring new people but at least this would get them closer to reasonably getting Create-a-stadium in the game and I guarantee a bunch of people would buy that DLC.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Cory4AU's Arena

Imagine how buggy create a stadium would be...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2018, 06:00 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

If we could get custom divisions & reduce the amount of teams, I'd take that over expansion, create-a-team & stadium. I'd love to have the old east & west divisions of the 70's & 80's.

A Work in Progress
Old 04-02-2018, 06:07 PM   #7
Rookie

I agree they would make a killing by charging a small fee. I remember in NCAA football you could create your school and stadium online and then load it into the game. This seems like the easiest way to do it.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #8
MC2
Rookie

Stop posting stuff like this. There are millions of other improvements this game needs over create a stadium.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »