Home

CPU Reliever Leash Way too long?

This is a discussion on CPU Reliever Leash Way too long? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2018, 11:06 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: CPU Reliever Leash Way too long?

I am wondering if something changed with yesterday's 1.06 patch. I was playing a Franchise game last night when a CPU reliever came into the game in the top of the 5th inning and his tank was only half full due to the fact the two games earlier both teams played a 16 inning game where both bullpens used almost all of the available pitchers in this long'ish extra inning game. Anyway this reliever ran out of gas regarding his energy levels yet the CPU kept him in the game until he got all three outs. Needless to say my batters rocked him scoring 4 runs in the inning despite the fact that the CPU had a reliever warming up with close to 100% energy. I just thought it was weird. Perhaps the CPU was saving the rest of it's bullpen because they were used two games earlier in the 16 inning affair, or perhaps something else was in play. But if I was the manager I would have replaced him before he ran out of gas because these pitchers are pretty useless when their energy levels run empty.

Oh and the manager hook slider is set to 5, but I have never had problems before like this. I'll take the win because it was against a division rival who was slightly ahead of me in the standings. But I am left wondering if something changed with the 1.06 patch, was this because of the recent 16 inning game, or is something else in play here?
Old 04-04-2018, 04:15 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 0

Has any one tried to put manager hock at 10 when CPU goes to the pen to see if that helps?
Old 04-04-2018, 06:53 PM   #19
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Just now in RttS (Red Sox), Braves relief pitcher just went 6 innings in throwing around 80 pitches. This is a normal occurrence in AL play
Old 05-06-2018, 11:12 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
Thank you! I thought I was the only one, but I didn't want to say anything.

I am only playing the daily games, but the relievers do stay in a long time and a lot of the times they won't get replaced until the 7th or 8th inning. It's really annoying. The CPU bullpen logic is messed up.

It doesn't matter if you're winning or not, the same thing. The dude's energy is damn near gone and he's still in there.

I just started playing this game two days ago and one reliever for the CPU is max no matter how he’s pitching. I have reliever stamina all the way to zero and manager hooks all the way up.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:25 PM   #21
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

This is an issue for years now. I just switch controller back n forth over to cpu side and manage their entire bullpen for them once they pull the starter.

Really not that hard, and much more enjoyable games because of it. I also by doing this can create lefty vs lefty matchups or vice versa which the cpu does not have the logic to use.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2018, 07:49 AM   #22
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Out of curiosity, those who are experiencing this issue, what game mode are you playing?

I am playing franchise (carryover) and I feel like the AI bullpen management is the best its been in the series. I'm seeing the AI do a better job of setting up lefty vs lefty matchups.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-07-2018, 08:52 AM   #23
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Yeah I scored 7 earned off Fister for the Rangers and they kept Chavez in there for about 4 innings his stamina was just about at zero and threw 406 pitches I had score a couple more runs off him too.

won that game 14-6 one of my best offensive games so far. but year it seems to be those spot starter guys with high stamina. I suggest moving the controller over to switch it yourself

406 pitches is rather impressive though.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-07-2018, 08:56 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
This is an issue for years now. I just switch controller back n forth over to cpu side and manage their entire bullpen for them once they pull the starter.

Really not that hard, and much more enjoyable games because of it. I also by doing this can create lefty vs lefty matchups or vice versa which the cpu does not have the logic to use.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app
I’ve been playing since 2008 and have never seen this, not to this extent anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »