Home

Playing both conquest and franchise is messing up my hitting

This is a discussion on Playing both conquest and franchise is messing up my hitting within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2018, 11:39 AM   #1
Rookie

Hipster-Doofus's Arena

OVR: 4
Playing both conquest and franchise is messing up my hitting

So, I've finally started my reds franchise, and I've played two spring training games. At the moment I'm using dynamic diffiulty on vertran plus, which seems to be light years harder then veteran. I'm also still messing around with conquest trying to get that mission set completed. When I've playing conquest and I'm attacking a strong hold, I always make sure I have enough fans with attacking to be able to play on rookie. Just to make the games to faster, get a quick 3 inning win in, and move on to the next strong hold.

Doing this however, is really screwing up my batting in franchise. Playing on rookie you get used to the cpu throwing a ton of strikes so your a log more aggressive. So far on veteran plus in my franchise the CPU does a good job hitting the corners and not throwing as many strikes not to mention the pitch speed seems alot faster even though those sliders aren't touched. So I have to try and be a lot more patient. And going from rookie to veteran plus or allstar hitting is a lot easier said than done in terms of teaching myself patience. Anyone else having this issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Playing both conquest and franchise is messing up my hitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster-Doofus
So, I've finally started my reds franchise, and I've played two spring training games. At the moment I'm using dynamic diffiulty on vertran plus, which seems to be light years harder then veteran. I'm also still messing around with conquest trying to get that mission set completed. When I've playing conquest and I'm attacking a strong hold, I always make sure I have enough fans with attacking to be able to play on rookie. Just to make the games to faster, get a quick 3 inning win in, and move on to the next strong hold.

Doing this however, is really screwing up my batting in franchise. Playing on rookie you get used to the cpu throwing a ton of strikes so your a log more aggressive. So far on veteran plus in my franchise the CPU does a good job hitting the corners and not throwing as many strikes not to mention the pitch speed seems alot faster even though those sliders aren't touched. So I have to try and be a lot more patient. And going from rookie to veteran plus or allstar hitting is a lot easier said than done in terms of teaching myself patience. Anyone else having this issue?
I do this as well...play most of my DD conquest games on Rookie, and then jump into Franchise Mode or RTTS with a different dynamic difficulty.

To be honest, I am having no real issues adjusting. My dynamic hitting difficulty is at Hall of Fame level right now, and I blew out the Pirates last night 11-4 in Franchise Mode after playing multiple Conquest games on Rookie.

I think it's just a matter of mentally being prepared for that difference in difficulty before you get into the game. When the Franchise game starts, take a few pitches, get settled in, and you'll adjust.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:26 PM   #3
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

I feel extremely unqualified to respond to this thread due to a high level of bias caused by the fact that I wish DD would die in a fire.

I bet you can guess my suggestion though.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:00 PM   #4
Rookie

Hipster-Doofus's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I feel extremely unqualified to respond to this thread due to a high level of bias caused by the fact that I wish DD would die in a fire.

I agree somewhat. I don’t intend to stay with DD I just have no idea what difficulty to play at. I’m using DD to get an idea of where I should keep the difficulty then once I get the hang of it I’ll just switch to that specific one.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-06-2018, 07:13 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind

Beat the rush. Boycott DD now.
Death by fire's too good for DD.
Gonna need to steal a page from ''Blazing Saddles'' and work up a #6 on 'em.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »