Home

Forgot to start and quit first game bug

This is a discussion on Forgot to start and quit first game bug within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Forgot to start and quit first game bug

Assistance, please. I know I read about this in another thread but couldn't find it. I also knew about the bug but forgot even though I've played this game a long time! Anyway, I simmed every game besides mine on opening day. I then played my first franchise game. Unfortunately I forgot to go into the first game (top left) on the days schedule and play the first out before simulating. I went ahead and played my franchise game. Obviously when I finished and was back at the main screen I started getting that problem of 'player x did accomplishment a is now an all time great' bug!!! Now what do you suggest? Will it eventually stop after a few days or is this something that ruins the immersion and a restart is required? I do not want to restart! I will if I have to, but darn why is this even still in the game....is it custom rosters doing it? Please advise fellow MLB the showers!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2018, 02:06 PM   #2
Banned

51shergie's Arena

Re: Forgot to start and quit first game bug

WAit, what?
Old 04-07-2018, 02:16 PM   #3
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Just played my first franchise game. I had no issues.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 04-07-2018, 04:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcshuckers73
Assistance, please. I know I read about this in another thread but couldn't find it. I also knew about the bug but forgot even though I've played this game a long time! Anyway, I simmed every game besides mine on opening day. I then played my first franchise game. Unfortunately I forgot to go into the first game (top left) on the days schedule and play the first out before simulating. I went ahead and played my franchise game. Obviously when I finished and was back at the main screen I started getting that problem of 'player x did accomplishment a is now an all time great' bug!!! Now what do you suggest? Will it eventually stop after a few days or is this something that ruins the immersion and a restart is required? I do not want to restart! I will if I have to, but darn why is this even still in the game....is it custom rosters doing it? Please advise fellow MLB the showers!

I had this same issue that after the first game of the year the inside the show announcer was talking about all the players that had broken all time records. I had Darwin Barney break the all time single season HR record. From what I can tell the record was not reflected in the menu for stats but the announcer kept talking about all the guys who broke records.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:21 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I could be wrong but I think he's referring to last years game, may not have bought this year's version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2018, 05:11 PM   #6
Pro

Nope it's 18. Do I need to restart? Will it keep saying that stuff all year? Thanks for your help in advance

Old 04-07-2018, 05:18 PM   #7

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Interesting, didn't know it was a problem again this year.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:25 PM   #8
Pro

Yep it's there still. I know better too, I just forgot. I'm the Cubs and they are the first game timewise but not the first game on daily schedule. I think I'll restart...I can't listen to the announcer say that stuff all year

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »