Home

Difference between MLB 17 vs MLB 18

This is a discussion on Difference between MLB 17 vs MLB 18 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2018, 01:13 PM   #81
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Difference between MLB 17 vs MLB 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Personally its with default sliders.
That's one thing I noticed right away this year, the game actually good right out of the box with default sliders. Most sports games, it's a couple weeks of slider testing before it plays well, but default is pretty good this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2018, 01:13 PM   #82
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai2112
Is this with the game out of the box or are you using a specific sliders set for this?
Mine are sliders from OS with dynamic difficulty.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:25 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Man, big disagreement here. You need more than just a few games. I've been (as well as many) clamoring for this and I sit and enjoy it immensely. Why else would we want this in the game. Do I occasionally hit X, sure, but as a lover of the game I watch the cut scenes. I'm in no rush most of the time. Now, if somebody wants fast play, fine, but to say this is over hyped? We really disagree with this especially if your reasoning is you want to "actually play". This lack of presentation is what made the game SO stale for the last few years.
The problem I have with it is that it's sprinkled around among a bunch of old cut scenes. They are there and they are nice when you actually see them. But it's not as often as it should be to make me feel like I'm playing a new game. It still feels stale. I went back to 17 thinking I'd miss 18 but there isn't much to miss.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:23 AM   #84
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
One other thing CaseIH is that franchise has new roster management for the CPU where they try to balance their roster better. I have seen this first hand in my carryover save as teams with overloaded positions are trading with other teams to fill positions of weakness. Its nothing over the top and no big trades or anything, but it is a welcomed sight to see the CPU manage his roster for not only today, but the future.

Thanks CB, I appreciate the info. I had hopes they had atleast added in more ST'ing ballparks, since last gen had more ST ballparks. Sounds like there has been some nice improvements, just not sure, there is enough there for me to give in a buy it, even though Im sure it plays a great game of baseball. I probably will just wait till next yr and hope forsome more Franchise improvements, or atleats wait till the price drops, or buy it used. Again thanks for the reply.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 05-11-2018, 12:09 PM   #85
Rookie

stanimal032's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_centa_fielda
The problem I have with it is that it's sprinkled around among a bunch of old cut scenes. They are there and they are nice when you actually see them. But it's not as often as it should be to make me feel like I'm playing a new game. It still feels stale. I went back to 17 thinking I'd miss 18 but there isn't much to miss.
17 is exactly the same as 18 with a change in camera angles (if you play RTTS) and uniform colors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2018, 04:43 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanimal032
17 is exactly the same as 18 with a change in camera angles (if you play RTTS) and uniform colors.
No ppl's elbow in 17😣
No batting stance editor in 17 😣
The differences exist but they may not necessarily interest you. And that's alright.

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »