Home

How does difficulty compare to last year?

This is a discussion on How does difficulty compare to last year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2018, 12:56 AM   #1
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

OVR: 0
How does difficulty compare to last year?

I think it's easy to say (well I THINK so anyways) that hitting is a little easier this year on each difficulty level and pitching is maybe slightly tougher? The point of this thread isn't to point that out, although I guess it really is up for discussion. But what I'm trying to do is compare the difficulties I used last year to what I should use this year.

I hit on veteran difficulty last year and pitched on all star difficulty. I use directional hitting but don't actually use the left stick when hitting. I also only use the X button to hit unless I'm bunting. Last year I thought these were good fair difficulties for me. Sometimes I'd win, sometimes I'd lose, but I got plenty of variety.

This year before I spend a lot of time playing games I am curious to know, do ya'll think veteran difficulty plays the same or do you think the level above veteran is more similar difficulty wise for hitting compared to veteran last year?

I think I like the way pitching is playing still at all star this year, but I can't decide how I feel about hitting. Sometimes so far this year I have felt like hitting on veteran has been a bit easy, do ya'll think it is easier than last year or is it just all in my head? Really just wanting to know what difficulty I should use comparative to what I used last year.

Fratagonia on YouTube, Fratagonia Sports Gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2018, 01:25 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: How does difficulty compare to last year?

I am a directional hitter myself and I am someone who usually does not try and influence hits unless I have two strikes then I press left seeing as I am right handed batter often swinging late on the counts when I have two strikes against me. Other than that I don't try and influence a direction since timing is more of an influence anyway.

Also, I have a RTTS middle infielder and a RTTS pitcher. I find it is not hard for me to maintain an above .300 average on Veteran with my 2B RTTS character and since I want some sort of realism plus I am trying to become a more disciplined hitter I am using hitting on All Star or HoF these days. I have tried Legend, but I found that too much for my AA RTTS 2B player.

As far as pitching is concerned I am also using the Classic interface but I have gone 100% clear screen (and I love it) and I found All Star too easy against my AA opposition and thus pitch on HoF and find it to be the perfect difficulty level. The opposition does get hits on me and I have given up runs. But HoF right now is still allowing my RTTS pitcher to progress in his career.

I did dabble a little with RTTS in MLB 17, but I was hitting at Rookie/Veteran and pitching at All Star so, I have upped my difficulty as I get more games under my belt and gain more experience. I have a long way to go though when it comes to becoming a more disciplined hitter. I have definitely improved regard not swinging for inside and outside pitches as well as high pitches. But I am still swinging far too much at low ones, especially the offspeed low pitches.

Last edited by My993C2; 04-09-2018 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

OVR: 0

I like how pitching on all star feels this year. Would you say that veteran is a level easier this year in hitting or no?

Fratagonia on YouTube, Fratagonia Sports Gaming.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:35 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

I can't even put my difficulty on Dynamic this year because I seriously can't get a hit on Rookie+. I'll get good timing on it but it ALWAYS goes right to somebody.

When I put it on All Star, though, I dominate everybody I face, even with the Rays.

I might just put it on Legend full time and see what I can do.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:18 PM   #5
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

I hit on all star default. To me I think it is pretty realistic, not to easy, not too hard. I have games where I score 10, and games where I score 1, and can barely buy a hit. As far as pitching, pitching on all star for the most part still seems really easy. Pitching on HOF, seems quite a bit harder this year. I do ok with some starters on HOF, but once I go to the BP, it goes completely crazy. I can't get anyone out.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »