Home

MLB The Show 18 Developer stream 4-11

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Developer stream 4-11 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2018, 10:27 PM   #33
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB The Show 18 Developer stream 4-11

Can someone give me a synopsis on what this stream was about? I am assuming it was related to DD or whatever.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:51 PM   #34
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
There's only so much you can do with a card collecting mode. At some point the immortal line "been there, done that" will be applicable.
True to a point as far as additions. I am already seeing some people (on other sites like ResetEra) saying they are losing interest in the programs this year due to the addition of the souvenirs and hats. It is making those who want to just game with players not have as much fun with the grind aspect.

The mode will always be a draw, considering how FIFA and MUT are always drawing the crowds.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:15 AM   #35
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Can someone give me a synopsis on what this stream was about? I am assuming it was related to DD or whatever.
Team Epics out - below DD player missions
  • 4 players per team rewarded at 0, 25, 50 & 90% progress (0 & 90 are shown, other two are hidden until revealed)
  • Stat missions with said players
  • Stat missions (hit/pitch) with players from said team
  • Beat division/interleague rival (division on Vet or All-Star, interleague on Rookie - didn't say "or higher" so I think they have to be on the given difficulties)
  • Hat, jersey & player exchanges
  • Program souvenir for full completion, can exchange 5 of them for 5% progress towards an Immortal's program
Southpaws Event - now thru 4/23, noon PT (3p ET)
  • 3 inning games
  • Lefty pitchers, positions bat left only
  • Team OVR limit 75
  • Red Sox AS SP Jon Lester reward at 30 cumulative wins
Time limited missions 4/15, 16 & 17
  • 10 hits with any version of Jackie Robinson on 4/15 (Jackie Day, see Jackie's Immortal program)
  • 4/16 & 4/17's not given yet.

Last edited by MatrixTN; 04-14-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2018, 12:36 PM   #36
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
There's only so much you can do with a card collecting mode. At some point the immortal line "been there, done that" will be applicable.
I used to say similar things about career modes. I mean I still don't get it. Why lock yourself into a single position when you can play and enjoy all the positions?

And yet here we are. DD will be no different. Just wait until the next hot new game mode that DD players will complain about. Then we can all hate the new game mode together in harmony while shaking our heads collectively at a new generation.

Get off of my lawn.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:09 PM   #37
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

For a game that goes for details, these omissions are particularly bad. I presume the uniforms aren't built to accommodate ad-hoc patches on the sleeves or caps because things like the spring training logos are the same for all clubs, as well as post-season logos, creating them would be simple. If they have to be manually added to every single uniform individually, then I can see that the job is a much bigger one and presumably the reason why they aren't there.

The reason that individual team uniforms aren't used in the All-Star game is because of the dramatic hit framerate takes.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-14-2018, 03:17 PM   #38
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The reason that individual team uniforms aren't used in the All-Star game is because of the dramatic hit framerate takes.
Yeah, hopefully with the PS5 if it has the monstrous memory bandwidth it is projected to have (based on tech roadmaps).
Old 04-14-2018, 06:00 PM   #39
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
No doubt there would be far too many in that situation but the patches which I was talking about are a more reasonable expectation.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:41 PM   #40
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Yeah, hopefully with the PS5 if it has the monstrous memory bandwidth it is projected to have (based on tech roadmaps).
You obviously haven't been paying attention to RAM prices. I bought my sticks right before the supply issues started. To get the exact same RAM would cost roughly twice as much as when I bought them. My computer is over a year old now.

In order to load up 30 different uniforms simultaneously in one game, the PS5 probably need at least 8 times as much RAM as the PS4 has. And that's assuming the texture files don't increase in size, which is a pretty poor assumption.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »