Home

Opposite Field Hits

This is a discussion on Opposite Field Hits within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2018, 03:14 PM   #1
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Opposite Field Hits

Is it just me and I bat as a switch hitter in RTTS , it seems to me a lot harder in general to get opposite field hits this year in 18. Is it the change in ball physics from the pitcher as they mention in the pre release stream. Even in the batting practice I find hard to stroke those opposite field hits let alone any home runs anymore ? I am not saying its a bad thing but it is way harder than in the past versions for sure. Thoughts ??
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2018, 03:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Opposite Field Hits

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
Is it just me and I bat as a switch hitter in RTTS , it seems to me a lot harder in general to get opposite field hits this year in 18. Is it the change in ball physics from the pitcher as they mention in the pre release stream. Even in the batting practice I find hard to stroke those opposite field hits let alone any home runs anymore ? I am not saying its a bad thing but it is way harder than in the past versions for sure. Thoughts ??
It's a welcome change for me. In the past, it seems that the only time I could hit the ball hard was when I hit to the opposite field. This year I've been getting a nice variety of hit types.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:15 AM   #3
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

I have the exact opposite problem. Was always pretty balanced in the past, this year my rtts player is an extreme push hitter. Even when I use showtime I somehow manage to push the ball
Old 04-13-2018, 06:18 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I have the exact opposite problem. Was always pretty balanced in the past, this year my rtts player is an extreme push hitter. Even when I use showtime I somehow manage to push the ball
Likewise. I go opposite field the vast majority of the time because I am late on most pitches (even with pitch speed slider turned all the way down).
Old 04-13-2018, 01:37 PM   #5
Rookie

smokines3's Arena

I see more variety than ever before. It is a little harder to go oppo without ending up foul in my admittedly limited experience thus far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2018, 05:12 PM   #6
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

for balls breaking in towards your hitter try getting the pci on the inside and being just late. all depends on the vertical location of the pitch too. hitting the ball away is a unique skill that not every major leaguer has and hitting the away pitch is the hardest pitch to hit for power.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »