Home

Out of the box settings

This is a discussion on Out of the box settings within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2018, 09:01 PM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Out of the box settings

I haven't noticed a change in hitting. I'm still seeing balls slice/curve as they did before. In my last game I had 2 triples down the line that we opposite field shots that curved and bounced and found their way to the corner.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-18-2018, 11:19 AM   #18
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been so busy the past couple weeks I haven't got as much play time in since the last patch. But I'll just say out of the box was indeed too easy. I generally go with default All-Star for hitting. For my aging reaction time and vision, it seemed to be a good challenge and produce fairly realistic results. Well with The Show 18, All Star was too easy out of the box. I was getting around 12-14 hits (or even more) and generally 7-9 runs per game . So I set it on Dynamic Difficulty for hitting, got up to the very top of All-Star+ difficulty and then locked down the slider before it bumped up to Hall of Fame. Still almost too easy, but I was concerned the jump up to Hall of Fame would be too drastic and leave me with scoring 0-1 runs per game on 3-4 hits.

Also, I was using All Star pitching with 'Classic' setting (the randomness of Classic on All-Star usually produces pretty realistic results for me). But after the patch, I'm getting rocked on All-Star/Classic. Giving up 10+ hits and 7+ runs every game. I don't know if they tweaked pitching in any way, or if I'm just in a bad stretch where the 'randomness' of Classic pitching is playing out against me... If I use Pulse or Analog pitching, I have to use Hall of Fame at least.

Last edited by HypoLuxa13; 04-18-2018 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:33 PM   #19
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I haven't noticed a change in hitting. I'm still seeing balls slice/curve as they did before. In my last game I had 2 triples down the line that we opposite field shots that curved and bounced and found their way to the corner.
Agreed. I also love seeing the bloop singles that fall between OF's charging in and IF's running out towards the ball. Soft line drives find gaps and balls scream down the line.

Pitch speed feels right to me. It was too slow when the game first dropped, but after moving the sliders up, I was able to settle in. I'm back at default now.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »