Home

When is MLB The Show going to get a default online ranked setting?

This is a discussion on When is MLB The Show going to get a default online ranked setting? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2018, 10:08 PM   #1
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
When is MLB The Show going to get a default online ranked setting?

I’m shocked that this still has not been addressed over the last few years. What a horrible design to have people using different difficulty settings for batting and pitching to choose from when playing online H2H.

There needs to be a default rank setting that can’t be changed to insure legit competitive balance. Also having each game be a different setting depending on the players choice makes trying to learn and get better harder.

Madden - NHL - UFC - NBA - FIFA all have a default setting, so why can’t the show be the same. This is really frustrating going from rookie to legendary during each game i play.

I just want some constency!!!!

This has been this way forever and to me has ruined this game from being taken seriously online.

Last edited by Bigg Cee; 04-16-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2018, 05:52 PM   #2
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Re: When is MLB The Show going to get a default online ranked setting?

That and the ability to use strike zone camera online has completely ruined the integrity of this game online.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:09 PM   #3
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

i strongly DISAGREE with this. I do not want to be forced to play on All-star or Hof. All you have to do is pick All-star and you can play guys who are playing on All-star. This is pretty short sighted of you to complain about this. The reason i don't play NHL is because they already do this.

A better idea is to be able to tick off a box for which difficulty you would play on.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:14 PM   #4
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

in fact the solution to your problem is much more simple than mine. I constantly run into boneheads who pick ANY and they can't hit a bull in the
A $ $ with a shovel and so i have to endure the game because they won't accept my friendly quit. At the least they should make the user aware of what difficulty they are on if they decide to pick ANY. please SDS disregard the OP'S idea.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPowderDownLoL
in fact the solution to your problem is much more simple than mine. I constantly run into boneheads who pick ANY and they can't hit a bull in the
A $ $ with a shovel and so i have to endure the game because they won't accept my friendly quit. At the least they should make the user aware of what difficulty they are on if they decide to pick ANY. please SDS disregard the OP'S idea.
Very much agree to your point. I like having the option. Now, the leaderboards are wonky because of that because a #1 player in the world could be playing on rookie mode/quick count which is pretty embarrassing...but I like the option of choosing and I'm not playing to be high ranked. I do get those when I put legend pitching/hitting where I'm getting walked all the time and/or striking them out because they do choose any and cannot hack it, but thats on them for not choosing lol.

Overall, if it was set to HOF on all accounts, I dont think the joy would be there for me. From the OP perspective for games like NHL (Which I play a TON), that level is way too low for me and I score 6 or 7 goals a game. If I had the option to go legend, I would get WAY more enjoyment out of it. I think at the end of the day, everyone plays at their own level and the Show gives you the option to play as such. Have no problem with it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2018, 03:38 PM   #6
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPowderDownLoL
A $ $ with a shovel
and so i have to endure the game because they won't accept my friendly quit. At the least they should make the user aware of what difficulty they are on if they decide to pick ANY. please SDS disregard the OP'S idea.
Now I'll have you know I am VERY proficient at hitting a bull in the *** with a shovel. Now a bald eagle on the other hand, that's a whole different story. You gotta be accurate with both the shovel and your timing to down those bastards in one hit.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:54 PM   #7
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

I don't play online, but I feel that guys that play on rookie / quick counts should never be ranked higher than guys who play full games on legend. There should be some sort of weight to how people are ranked.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:57 PM   #8
Banned

I think the game really needs a set online mode. Not so much from a difficulty standpoint, but from an input mode standpoint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »