Home

Animation That Must Go:

This is a discussion on Animation That Must Go: within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2018, 01:34 PM   #49
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Animation That Must Go:

Has to go as it isnt even allowed anymore. The sliding through 2nd base and taking out the 2nd baseman.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 04-30-2018, 02:29 AM   #50
Rookie

Seltaeb9091's Arena

OVR: 2

This might be petty, but when they cut to the five fans in the bleachers and the one guy next to the sign guy dancing with his hands waving around like they're repelling magnets... just stop, please.

The victory line at the end of the game. At the very least, change up the camera angle, it's been the same shot for ages. I'm getting tired of seeing the gums of the closing pitcher as he walks by.

I also agree there should be a toggle for those "no doubt" home run angles. Have options for Off, Sometimes and Frequently, and everyone should be happy. They're cool to watch, but maybe save them for clutch moments.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:34 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Has to go as it isnt even allowed anymore. The sliding through 2nd base and taking out the 2nd baseman.
This is actually still allowed. However they should probably change the ss or 2b animation so that it "uses" the new rules to sidestep a direct hit.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2018, 01:12 PM   #52
Rookie

I wouldn't say this animation should go completely but it needs to be refined to only hard hit balls. The one where a ground ball just completely pops up in the air over a fielder like it hit something on the ground. I can see it happening on harder hit balls from time to time but sometimes a slow roller that would never cause this issue does it and its really frustrating.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:12 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltaeb9091
This might be petty, but when they cut to the five fans in the bleachers and the one guy next to the sign guy dancing with his hands waving around like they're repelling magnets... just stop, please.

The victory line at the end of the game. At the very least, change up the camera angle, it's been the same shot for ages. I'm getting tired of seeing the gums of the closing pitcher as he walks by.

I also agree there should be a toggle for those "no doubt" home run angles. Have options for Off, Sometimes and Frequently, and everyone should be happy. They're cool to watch, but maybe save them for clutch moments.
i too hate the hand waving!!! What human has ever done that?
Old 04-30-2018, 05:41 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltaeb9091

yes! Another example of someone at SDS trying to gear this game toward kids. Who at SDS okays this garbage? I hear next year's game will have an American Idol karaoke contest in place of the 7th ininng stretch.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:45 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremser_Rules
i too hate the hand waving!!! What human has ever done that?
I've personally seen this kind of buffoonery at U of AZ football games .It actually is a lot worse, the game has become secondary to the ear assault of blaring hip hop music and kissing cams, teens flashing gang signs not even knowing what they are doing on every stoppage. The college has lost a ton of ticket sales because of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2018, 06:30 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

9 boggs groove.gif
---------------

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »